The ability to track non-traditional training events and identify behaviors that require a performance support intervention.
Insight on how we high-performers behave compared to those needing additional development.
Access to help systems? User Guides,
RISC Evolution of a Spec - cmi5 and xAPI
Data & Evolution of the Spec
Who we are?
• Duncan Welder –
• Art Werkenthin–
– cmi5 committee
• Release of cmi5
• xAPI data to track the use of training
• Using xAPI to track traditional “LMS
• xAPI statement content
• Communicating the impact of xAPI
cmi5 Brief Review
• ADL’s cmi5 is the next generation SCORM
• Built on top of xAPI
• Scheduled Release Date: June 1, 2016
cmi5: Demo Agenda
• cmi5 Course Import
• cmi5 Launch & Credit
• cmi5 data in LRS
xAPI to Evaluate Materials Use
• How are your learners interacting with
• What is still valid?
• Where do questions arise?
• What are opportunities to streamline
Let’s take a look…
xAPI for “Traditional” learning
• Traditional learning may be tracked in the
LMS but now we have two sources of
• Why doesn’t the LMS leverage the LRS as
well? Too many random sources?
Verb consistency is critical!
• ILT Registrations
• YouTube Videos
• Status Changes