Focus + GET:Some structure to the chaos Grab Engage Take attention action• Make message • Funnel traffic • Clear call to bold, crisp, & to a single action in all human destination communication (K.I.S.S.)• Use MANY • Be personally channels meaningful • Track metrics & collective impact
Social Media Education Widgets How to Videos Blogs Video Fliers Web LinksPledge Lists Viral Email Literature Donor Orgs STRATEGY Facebook Celebrities Instant Mass-Micro Brand Mobilization Corporate Drives Public Relations Homes Temples Magazine TV Telemarketing Clubs / Lounges Universities Newspapers Posters Local Events Traditional Media Registration AWARENESS ACTION
First develop a clear goal andknow your audience.There is elegance in simplicity.There is power in knowing!
Goal: Decrease Meth Use. Need to “unsell” it!Observations: target audience too old, they don’t trust adults, they don’t want to hear from adults.
1. Develop a clear goal and know your audiece.There is elegance in simplicity.
2. Act, then think. (Reverse therules)Maintain a deep bias for action.Resist the temptation to have amaster plan before taking thefirst step.
3. Tell a good (truthful)story.Tell stories to connect withhuman emotion. Develop theright voice, and strike abond.
4. Design an architecture for collaboration.Enable others to contribute -allow the army to self-enroll,and let soldiers to choosetheir own weapons.
5. Focus on empowermentmarketing*Empower people to marketyour organization and itscause.* Sundeep Ahuja – http://thesunrising.com/empowerment-marketing/
Purpose…revealed.State ranked #5 for meth usebefore, now is #39Teen meth used decreased by 63%Adult meth used decreased by 72%Meth related crime dropped 62%
Your biggest asset is aclear mind and a verylarge idea.
Find the ignition pointof a chain reaction,and go ignite it.
• Will be handed out next Tuesday 11/6• Will be due on Tuesday 11/13 (hand in at the start of class)
Grading for group projects (next Tuesday)Group projects compilation update (next week)
• Madison Fire Department (Madison, WI)• Red and White Hunger Fight (Madison, WI)• Outwards (Vail, Colorado)• Digital Studies Certificate (Madison, WI)• Community Resiliency Project (Iowa)• Aldo Leopold Foundation (Baraboo, WI)• Become a Hero / Be a Donor (Califorina)