Month Presenter(s) Topic
January 2018 Adam Stephenson Make your life easier - Build a dev-bot !
February 2018 David O'Brien (MVP) Containers on Windows Nanoserver
March 2018 Microsoft Brisbane CSAs Assorted Topics
April 2018 Dan Dekel Azure Deployment Slots and How to Use Them
May 2018 Glenn Stephens Improving your Apps decisions w/Azure Cognitive Services
June 2018 JiaJi Chen Azure Bot Services
July 2018 Andrew Cartwright Welcome to Azure Service Fabric, Be Our Guest
August 2018 Dan Toomey A 360 View of Serverless (and Serverful!) Integration
September 2018 Shahid Iqbal (MVP) Kubernetes, Azure and .NET - What's it all about?
October 2018 Todd Whitehead Training & Deploying Custom AI to the Edge
November 2018 Arun Kumar Getting started with Azure MXCHIP IOT DevKit
December 2018 Various UNCONVENTION 2018.1
Send message on Meetup or email email@example.com
One month retirement notice:
Access Control Service
• Since the ACS retirement announcement last year, many customers have reached out for our guidance and
have completed their migration. Some customers communicated that their migration has started but will
not complete before the deadline. We have decided to offer an extension to February 4, 2019. Failure to
opt into the extension will result in your namespace being turned off on November 7, 2018. At that point,
all requests to the namespace will fail.
Azure SQL Database Hyperscale - (preview)
• Supports up to 100TB database size
• Rapid scale up/down and point-in-time restore, regardless of the database size
• Higher log throughput than current service tiers
• Scale out read-only workload with read-scale replicas without data copy
• Hardware based root of trust
• true random number generator,
• secure Boot ECDSA
• Small trusted computing base
• Pluton runtime
• Azure Sphere security monitor
• Defence in depth
• Azure Sphere uses Trust Zone and a modern operating system design, with a fully separate OS kernel
binary, to provide a layered architecture.
• Dynamic Compartments
• One failing or buggy program can’t compromise another.
• Certificate based, mutual authentication
• Renewable security
• software updates to its firmware, operating system and applications for a minimum of 10 years
• failure reporting
Azure Cosmos DB reserved capacity – (GA)
Reserved capacity is available to all supported APIs
(including MongoDB, Cassandra, SQL, Gremlin and Azure Tables) and all regions worldwide.
AAD Authentication File SMB (Preview)
• Support share Level permission assignment using Role Based Access Control (RBAC).
• Enforce NTFS folder and file level permission.
• Preserve NTFS ACLs for data import to Azure Files.
• SignalR has grown to be one of the most popular real-time connection technologies around the world.
Azure SignalR Service
• first-class support for Apache Tomcat and Java SE platform applications on Azure App Service.
Tomcat and Java SE on App Service on Linux
• Kubernetes Helm chart storage as an integrated service for container images and their deployment charts.
Container Registry: Helm Chart Repositories
• Detection of anomalous access and data exfiltration activities.
Advanced Threat Protection for Azure Storage
• Ephemeral OS Disk, a new type of OS disk created directly on the host node, providing local disk
performance and faster boot/reset time.
Ephemeral OS Disk
On Demand Training - Updates
•Dev/Test in the Cloud
•Getting Started with the Internet of Things (IoT)
•Designing a Hybrid Cloud in Azure
•Docker for Web Developers
•Azure AD for Developers
•Azure For AWS Experts
•Deploying Hybrid Identitity Solutions Using Azure AD
•Monitoring Apps with Application Insights
Training and Deploying Custom AI to the Edge