Advertising AgencyAgency Profile:•Provides breakthrough strategy and programming that delivers valuable results to our clients.•Clients hire us to win.
Objective & Mission• Q-6 builds brand equity and protectsreputations during the highest-stakes globalcommunication challenges of the digital age.• Established in the year 1996. Our mission isnot just to provide services to you butinnovative Advertising solutions in building theaffluent image in your concerned industry.
Clients & ServicesWe are serving the both Public & Private sectors from several years.We have clients like Rasna, Hero Honda, Vaseline MEN, HUL, ICICI, NTPC, SBI…
Market Scenario• The two-wheeler market in India - biggest contributor to the automobile industry - size of Rs.100,000 million.• The two-wheeler market in India - 3 types of vehicles - motorcycles, scooters, and mopeds• Prediction segment expansion : 20 million units per annum in 10 yrs - twice the present volume
• Increase in the Indian market size = Bad Roads + technical innovation (mileage)• India, is the second largest producer of two- wheelers in the world• The country stands next to China and Japan in terms of production and sales respectively.
Factors affecting Two-wheeler sales in India• Increase in credit and financing for auto vehicles i.e. Two-wheeler loans and financing has been on the rise• Fuel Efficiency• Due to opportunities offered by multinationals the incomes of individuals have increased• Delay in initiation of Mass Transport System – It’s a low cost transport medium
Hero Honda• The company is a joint venture between Indias Hero Group and Honda Motor Company, Japan that began in 1984.• Hero Honda Motors Ltd. is the worlds largest manufacturer of two – wheelers, based in India.• Three Manufacturing plants at Dharuheda, Gurgaon and latest at Haridwar
• Every 30 seconds, someone in India buys Hero Hondas top-selling motorcycle – Splendor.• Bikes ranging from 100 cc bike (splendor) to 225 cc Karizma• Bikes like CBZ, Glamour, CD Deluxe, Passion, Achiever, HUNK also in the market
• Total turnover of Rs. 5161.66 crores for the third quarter (October-December 2010) of FY’11• It shows the growth of over 34.44 per cent over the corresponding period in the last fiscal (October-December 2009) of FY’ 10.
All new Muscle HUNK• Launched in 2007• Was launched in 150 cc category• Has stiff competition with Pulsar 150, Apache, Unicorn• Is being re-launched with some technical advancements.
Brand Personality• All new MUSCLE HUNK gives it a Macho image• All Raised Rear fender gives an image of a leopard which signifies speed and ferociousness• Large fuel tank, dazzling head light with dashing visor gives an image of a bull which symbolises Power, Strength and Vigour
• Logo of the brand is bull• Tagline “No one messes with it” gives an aggressive image• Stylish and cutting edge technology
Target GroupYouth aged between 19-30 years of age
Psychographics of T.G• Macho personality• Adventurous• Sporty• Loves to work out• Likes to get attention• Strong determination• Watches WWE, F1, RUGBY..
• Meticulous• Stylish• Reliable• Wild• Free spirited• Aggressive• Hard rock listener
Demographics• Age – 19 to 30 yrs• Male• Graduation students• Post Graduation student• Employed bachelors
Strength : S.W.O.T• Stylish looks• Better Mileage• A fuel efficient and powerful Advanced Tumble Flow Induction (ATFI) Technology engine• Gas charged, adjustable rear shock absorber, for first time in Hero Honda Bike.
• It has a stepped seat and rear set foot pegs, which gives the rider a sporty stance without sacrificing comfort• Pick-up is good as compared to other 150 cc bikes• Low maintenance
Weakness• No kick start model available in the market• Positioning of the brand
Opportunity• Brand name of Hero Honda• Design a new bike of 180 cc to complete with pulsar 180• Growing Two-wheeler market in India• Exports
Threat• Internal competition from other bikes from Hero Honda• External competition from Pulsar and Apache• Corporate brand has taken over the line brand in terms of advertising• Pulsar 180 cc available for Rs. 2000 more
Comparison TableParticulars Hunk Pulsar 150 Apache 160 rtrMileage 45-50 km/L 40-46 km/L 40-45 km/lEngine 14.2 Ps @8500 14.09 Ps at 15.2 @8500RPM rpm and powers 8500rpm and 12.98 Nm torque 12.76 torque at at 6500 rpm 6500 rpmMaintenance Low maintenance High Nominal costscost cost maintenance costWeight 150 kg 145 kg 136 kgPrice Rs. 73,000 Rs. 72,000 75,000
Research Conducted : Qualitative• Age : 20 – 45 yrs• Respondents were peer groups, friends, Showroom salesmen, Dealers and Internet• Suggestions were also given by the respondents
Research resultsImportant Perimeters :• Re-sale value & price of the spare parts• After sale services• Mileage & Price• Brand• Comfort• Looks
• Opinion Leaders i.e.Geeks• Reviews, blogs & forums• Advertisement affect the sales of the bike
Scope for Improvement• HH should work on to reduce the weight of this bike without affecting the safety aspect as well as aesthetical beauty of this bike• Gearing system as mentioned above should be improved. Locate neutral gear at the extreme end.
• Turning radius is the very high, short turn is problem with this bike• Provide seat height adjustment so that the personnel can adjust the height as per their comfort• Helmet lock which is provided at sari guard needs design improvement so that apart from helmet one can lock his bag or language in it
• Locking & unlocking of seat should be trouble free. Just like it is available for scooters seat• Provide little bit of more space below the seat so that it can be utilized to storage
• Give price discounts during festive seasons• Increase Visibility of the product
Present Positioning• Bull Symbol not connecting well with the target audience• The present advertisement campaign does not lure the Target Audience• Lack of advertising• Less visibility
New Strategy• Design a message for the product• More Advertising activities• To connect with the Target Audience• To project it as “it’s just not a bike but a way of living”• Increase the visibility
Budget Allotted Rs 4 crores for 1 yearFrom May 2011-April 2012 In Delhi & NCR region
ActionCollege campuses :• Demonstrating the product in various college campuses across Delhi & NCR• The HUNK van moving all across Delhi & NCR• Showcasing the product in various malls and shopping centers and organizing fun games
Budget Allocation• Product demonstration in various campuses 20,000 * 20 = 4,00,000• Organizing contests and games in various malls & markets = 1,00,000 * 20 = 20,00,000• Cost of Hunk Van = 10,00,000
Cinema• Promotion in cinemas during upcoming Action Flicks like Death Race 2, Transformers 3, Pirates of the Caribbean, RA.ONE, Don 2 and Agent Vinod• Product demonstration and hoardings for the opening week = 30,000 * 3 * 6 * 6 = 32,40,000
HUNK in the Town• Organizing the event at one college for 1 days each = 1,50,000 * 20 = 30,00,000• Booking the venue for the final = 4,00,000 * 2 = 8,00,000• Decorating the venue & Stage = 10,00,000 * 2 = 20,00,000• Refreshments & water = 2,00,000
• Gifts and Prizes = 10,00,000• Miscellaneous cost = 5,00,000 Total Cost = Rs 75,00,000
Outdoor Advertising• Hoardings Promoting “Hunk in the Town” in various college campuses and shopping places like Vasant Vihar (Priya), Saket (Anupam), Lajpat Nagar, Sarojini Nagar and Bus Stops = 20,00,000• Hoardings at Bus Stops and Metro = 25,00,000
• Hoardings and posters across various Gyms in Delhi & NCR = 25,000 * 20 = 5,00,000• Bikes standing in Cafe Morrison and Hard Rock café on Saturday live performances = 40,000 * 2 * 15 = 12,00,000
Radio• RJ’s talking about the Hunk and Hunk in the town contest• Advertisement along with the Tag line : “It’s just not a bike but a way of living”• Giving new schemes and offers during Festivals like Diwali, Holi
Online• Facebook updates and discussions• Website maintenance• Query and support system• Brand merchandise (helmet, gloves, jackets) contest• Two wheeler forums• Feedback and response
Print- NewspaperPublication Insert Rate/s Language Type Col*cm CostTOI 2 4500 English CLR 240 21,60,000HT 8 2500 English CLR 240 36,00,000Dainik 2 2000 Hindi CLR 240 9,60,000JagranNB Times 3 1500 Hindi CLR 240 10,80,000Total 78,00,000