Bengkel 21-12-2020 - Etika atas Talian & Alat Minima
Etika Atas Talian &
Peralatan Asas Untuk
Mengajar Atas Talian
Azmi Mohd Tamil
Apa Yang Anda Boleh
Lakukan Jika Anda Host?
• Mute mikrofon peserta yang mengganggu majlis.
• “Kick” peserta yang tidak diingini.
• Tapis peserta menggunakan “waiting room”.
• Kawal siapa yang dibenarkan bercakap atau share
• Spotlight mana-mana peserta.
• Tukar nama peserta yang kurang manis atau tidak
With Great Powers Comes Great Responsibility.
Use It Wisely.
Kita Mahu “Broadcast Quality”
• Defined as a video stream, this level of quality states that
the video stream is suitable for being included in normal TV
• But we are not broadcasting our lectures on TV. Instead we
are streaming on online platform such as Microsoft Teams,
Zoom Meeting, Google Meet, Cisco Webex and Lifesize.
• The term “broadcast quality” in this talk refers to crystal
clear audio with no humming or feedback/echo, excellent
video quality with no lagging even when streaming video
on the platform, and ability to use add-on graphics and
animation on the fly while teaching.
Broadcast Quality Online Teaching
1.Minimum equipment – a recent notebook with built-in camera &
microphone. Better with a headset since no feedback or humming sound.
Extras – video/still camera with encoder, tripod & lighting.
2.Choose an online platform, for us in UKM it is usually either Microsoft
Teams or Zoom Meeting.
3.Adequately stable internet connection is vital for any live stream. Check
your line with https://speedtest.net
• Always go for fixed line/LAN connection. But in UKM that line goes to
your ancient desktop running WinXP with no mic/camera.
• But you can share that fixed line - https://tinyurl.com/sharelineUKM
Stable Internet Connection
1. If for at home, apply for best line that you can afford. Mine is Unifi 500 Megabit/s
at rm240/month. Maxis and Time is usually faster and cheaper.
2.That speed is only available to you with the correct router and cables (Cat 5e or
3.Wi-Fi – go for dual band router, 2.4GHz (50 Megabit/s) and 5 Ghz (600
4.Sharing the internet line from your phone? You would be lucky to get 2 Megabits/s.
Same speed like wi-fi HUKM?
5.Minimum internet speed for Zoom is 600 kilobit/s but 1.5 Megabit/s is preferred for
group calls. 1080p need 3.0 Megabit/s.
6.Ping should be less than 150 ms. For LAN, it is usually between 5 and 20ms, for
wi-fi close to 30ms and for handphone is much worse and can reach >100ms.
No budget solution?
1. Get PTM to supply another internet port to your room and allocate an IP
address for your notebook.
2. If PTM don’t want to spent RM380 to install another internet port into your
room, you can always share that fixed line -
3. Cheapest router on Shopee & Lazada is Xiaomi Mi 4C (RM40) and
In this part, I
useful to us;
Download OBS Studio from
Download pdf file from
Watch the video at
Install OBS Studio On
Configure Your OBS Studio Scene
• I created a scene in OBS, which
has the webcam, UKM logo, a
scrolling text, running in front of
a gray background.
• Just click the “+” button to
create a new scene, and the “+”
button in the second box to
create the “layers”.
What do you need?
• Background image for your scrolling text, preferably in gray, size 1920
x 70 pixel. Can also make it colourful.
• Logo UKM
What to do at the end?
CLICK “STOP GO LIVE ON FB”
AND SAVE THE VIDEO.
SWITCH TO OBS STUDIO AND
CLICK “STOP STREAMING”.
SHUTDOWN ALL OTHER APPS
(TEAMS OR ZOOM) ON THE PC.
You don’t have to spend RM7600 to stream your
webinar/lectures online. Instead you can pull it off with a
budget of EUR5 by doing what I did.
Of course the Finance Department won’t allow you to do
that because public universities can’t buy stuff online,
instead you must go through the local vendors.
But at least I have proven that technology wise, it is
feasible. I don’t want to comment on the other issues.