CraftedIndia is an online portal that has come up with the idea of selling Indian Handicrafts online.
With an aim of growing with the current industry, we are promoting Indian handicrafts.
Lost somewhere behind the ages, we are aiming to bring Indian Handicraft as the mainstream industry all around the globe.
Make in india - Indian handicraft Products online
Who ARE We?
• CraftedIndia is an online portal that has come up
with the idea of selling Indian Handicrafts online.
• With an aim of growing with the current industry,
we are promoting Indian handicrafts.
• Lost somewhere behind the ages, we are aiming to
bring Indian Handicraft as the mainstream industry
all around the globe.
• With an idea of bringing up Indian Handicrafts to
the main industry, their was a lot of research that
had to be done.
• Visiting different states of India, and searching for
their handicraft products, which are lost somewhere
back due to the modern art.
• Bringing them live to people of the metro city
• Explaining them their importance and utility, which
created awareness of Indian handicrafts to the
• Leading to its Demand.
• After a positive response and likes towards the
handicrafts products from people; it gave an
inspiration to start selling them on online
• Amazon and Flipkart, the 1st marketplace
where CraftedIndia started selling a variety of
Idea Behind CraftedIndia
• CraftedIndia was formed in 2015, by Mr. Vinay Jain and
Mr Lalit Mehta, with an aim of bringing back the
essence of Indian art and culture in this modern
• People have somewhere forgotten the art that has
arrived from their soil and culture and have adopted
• On 1st April 2016, online marketing portals like Amazon
and Flipkart started selling handicrafts of CraftedIndia.
• This was the first step towards achievement of
promoting handicrafts all over India.
• CraftedIndia is now looking forward to start its own
online portal as a platform of promoting and selling of
• Through which they can directly buy from the artisans
and craftsmen and sell it to the people around the globe.
• This will not only help to bring up handicraft industry
but also will be an inspiration for the artist to work for it
and earn for their unique art.
Key Features of Handicraft Industry
• India’s rich cultural diversity and heritage provides a
unique and huge resources for developing craft
• The Indian Handicraft Industry is showing continuous
growth rate of 20% every year.
• Handicrafts industry is one of the important segment of
decentralized sector in India.
• Major parts of industry operates in rural and semi urban
areas throughout the country and has potential Indian
and International market with around 67000 exporters
to tap the market.
• Many Indian market are still untapped and market is
• Products are high priced in big and metro cities, which
are beyond, reach of people belonging middle and lower
• Craft producers have to compete on price, quality and
delivery for different segments.
• Diversified and potential market and diversified range of products
• Low capital investment and cheap labor rates
• Lack of infrastructure and communication facilities
• Inadequate information of new technology and current market trends
• Rising demand of handicraft products in developed countries
• E-commerce and internet are emerged as promissory distribution channels
• Better trade terms offered by competing countries
• Balance between high demand and supply
SWOT ANALYSIS OF INDIAN
• Procuring and processing raw materials : Raw materials are the key
material for making any product. Along with competition from
organized industry, artisans find it challenging to buy quality raw
materials at affordable prices. In the absence of raw material
banks, they are often forced to rely on local traders who provide
them with raw materials against orders, albeit at high prices, or
switch to non-traditional raw materials.
• Inefficient supply chain: The markets for the craft products can be
broadly understood as local, retail shops – high-end as well as
mainstream, exhibitions and exports. The contemporary markets,
domestically as well as internationally, have grown with an
expanding demand for ethnic products that have a story linked to
them. However, these products are in low supply due to supply
• Demand - With the advent of globalization and the
availability of cheaper and more varied products, crafts face
severe competition in contemporary markets. They are
typically perceived as traditional, old-fashioned and
antithetical to modern tastes. There have been limited efforts
to reposition the image of crafts and build consumer
appreciation of the history and cultural identity associated
with handmade products.
• Low productivity –The sector’s informal nature and the low
education of most artisans create issues such as time
management, stock inventory etc.
• Unorganized production - As a largely unorganized sector,
handicrafts faces problems such as a paucity of professional
infrastructure such as work sheds, storage space, shipping
and packing facilities.
• People are not aware of the rich culture and diversity of Indian
• Its very important to bring these handcrafted products in
limelight, in order to save their existence in the global markets.
• There is a major instability in handicraft industry due to lack of
monetary funds and unawareness of their existence.
• CraftedIndia’s goal is to overcome these obstacles by promoting
Indian handicrafts in the market through various platforms like
marketing, exhibitions, selling on best online portals and also to
come up with its own online marketplace.
Range of handicrafts on CraftedIndia
• CraftedIndia has a wide range of handicraft products from
different Indian States depicting their cultural arts and crafts.
• Blue Pottery Art.
• Dhokra Art.
• Marble Art.
• Stone Art.
• Block Printing Art.
• Bronze Sculpture, Wooden Carving.
• Metal Art.
• Paper Mache Art.
• Paintings, Tanjore Paintings.
• Gem Art.
• Wooden Art.
• Mosaic Art, and many more to come.
• CraftedIndia has aimed for spreading awareness of the rich
and cultural art of handicrafts which will lead to its growth
in demand globally.
• Bringing Extinct handicrafts into limelight and tie up with
their artisans to make products for CraftedIndia, this will not
only aid them with monetary support but also will bring back
the essence of lost handicrafts and arise for its demand all
over the world.
• To come up with our own online portal for selling those rich
and diverse handcrafted product directly from the artisans to
Marketing through E-commerce
• E-commerce or Marketplace, this two are the main platforms for
selling products globally and helps to create awareness of a
particular product to the masses around the globe.
• Now days people are selling everything online and demand of
purchase online is high.
• Major platforms like Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal, Craftsvilla, EBay,
Pepperfry, are all online portals having neck to neck competition.
• CraftedIndia has entered this major portals like Amazon.in,
Amazon.com, Flipkart , Ebay.in and Ebay.com and are selling