بســـم ا الرحمــن الرحيـــــم
1. Venous drainage of the face and scalp?
2. What are the relations of the thyroid gland?
3. What is the blood supply of the thyroid gland and important structures
related to the vessels?
4. What is the nerve supply of the gland?
5. What is the clinical picture of recurrent laryngeal nerve injury?
6. What is the effect of injury of external laryngeal nerve?
7. What are the structures (in layers) you will meet on exposure of the
gland during thyroidectomy?
8. What is thyroglossal cyst? What is the cause of this cyst?
9. What are the important characteristics of thyroglossal cyst?
10. What is the nerve supply of the parotid gland?
11.What are the contents of parotid gland?
12.What is the clinical picture of facial nerve injury at the stylomastoid
13.How to test the integrity of facial nerve?
14.What are the contents of the submandibular region?
15.What is the nerve supply of the submandibular gland?
16.Why stone formation is more common in the submandibular gland
than other salivary glands?
17.What are the boundaries of middle cranial fossa?
18. What are other important contents of the middle cranial fossa?
19. On which criteria the diagnosis of extradural hemorrhage is made?
20. What are the relations of the pituitary gland?
21. Illustrate with a diagram the visual pathway?
22. What is the effect of lesion of the visual pathway at different levels?
23. Illustrate with a diagram the dangerous area of the face?
24. Why within this area, interference of a boil or abscess by squeezing
or pricking is hazardous?
25. What are the connections of the cavernous sinus?
26. If the cavernous sinus is thrombosed what are the important
structures that may be affected?
27. Describe the dura matter (folds, sinuses, etc,)?
28. What is the nerve supply of the dura matter?
29. What are the main blood vessels supplying the meninges?
30. What is the anatomy of middle meningeal artery?
31.What are the structure/s of the brain related to the middle meningeal
32.What is the surface anatomy of the pterion?
33. On which criteria the diagnosis of extradural hemorrhage is made?
34.What are the boundaries and contents of the posterior triangle?
35. What are the branches of subclavian artery?
36. Having passed a laryngoscope into a patient, what are the anatomic
structures the anesthetist viewed in order from the base of the tongue
to the trachea?
37. What are the extrinsic and intrinsic muscles of the larynx?
38.What is the nerve supply of the larynx?
39. Explain the anatomy of the piriform fossa?
40. Give an account on the muscles of the pharynx and important
relations of these muscles?
41. What is the nerve supply of the pharynx?
42. How to test the integrity of the lower four cranial nerves?
43. Give an account on the boundaries and contents of the middle ear?
44. Explain the anatomy of mastoid antrum and method to approach it
45. What are the course and branches of facial nerve in the middle ear?
46. What are the types of nerve fibers, distribution and, branches of
47. What is the clinical picture of facial nerve paralysis at the following
levels: * at the stylomastoid foramen?
* at the facial canal?
*at the internal acoustic meatus
48. What are the differences between upper motor and lower motor
neuron lesion of the facial nerve?
49. What are the types of nerve fibers composing the trigeminal nerve?
50. Explain the distribution and the main branches of the trigeminal
51. What are the ganglia related to the main branches of the trigeminal
52. What is trigeminal neuralgia? Which component of the trigeminal
nerve affected in patients with trigeminal neuralgia?
53. What are the lymphatic drainage and blood supply of the tongue?
54. Account on tempromandibular joint?
55. Account on muscles of mastication and their important relations?
56. What is nerve supply of the tongue?
57. What are the relations of hypoglossus muscle?
58. What are the banches of external carotid artery?
59. What are the relations of digastric muscle?
60. What are the relations of scalenus anterior (or medius) muscle?
61.What are the relations of middle constrictor muscle of the pharynx?
62. What are origin, insertion, nerve supply, action and relations of the
lateral petrygoid muscle?
63.What are the branches of mandibular nerve?
64.What are the nerves related to the mandible?
65.How to test the integrity of the accessory nerve?
66.How to test the integrity of vagus nerve?
67. How to test the integrity of glossopharyngeal nerve?
68.What are the boundaries and contents of the posterior cranial fossa?
69. What are the boundaries and contents of the anterior cranial fossa?
70. What are the contents of infratemporal fossa?
71.What are the parasympathetic ganglia in the head? Account on one of
72. Give an account on pterygopalatine ganglion?
73.What are the boundaries and contents of pterygopalatine fossa?
74.Account on the anatomy of the parotid gland/ or submandibular
73. Constrictors of the pharynx?
74. What is the distribution of the cranial nerve No. IX or X (or any
cranial nerve from I to XII)?
75. Illustrate with a diagram the structures at the root of the neck?
76. See also the important questions in clinical cases chapter.