World Quality Day 2011 - Innovation case study template
Innovation Storyboard [Name of The Organisation] [Case Study Title][Month Year of starting and finishing the project] [Team Name]
Explanation to Participants about this template and final presentation• This template is meant for Innovation Case Study Submission.• This template gives guidelines. You can tailor it by including / excluding points but ensure follow the broad structure and address all vital points. 2 2
1. About the Organization• Brief introduction to the organization• Mission/Vision statements• Products/Services offered• Locations
2. The Idea• How was the opportunity for innovation identified? What was the business problem/opportunity?• What preliminary research was carried out (list sources)?• How was the project prioritized?• Tools/Techniques to generate the idea (concept)• Advantages/Disadvantages of various alternative (concepts)
3. People Involvement• How was the team formed (cross- functionality) ?• How was the stakeholder buy-in acquired?• Who sponsored the project?• How were the resources/budget determined and obtained for the project?
4. Process• Explain the process of developing the concept into a detailed plan of a practical solution?• How was the feasibility of the soulution evaluated?• What tools/techniques were used for analyzing feasibility?• Was any Risk Assessment carried out (risks involved in the proposed solution itself)?• How was the Idea (solution) pilot tested for implementation?
4. Process (contd.)• What were the results for the pilot trials?• How was the full scale implementation planned?• How were the risks at the various stages of implementation identified and mitigation planned?• How were the various stakeholders informed and their support obtained?• How was the implementation monitored and controlled?
5. Results• Planned v-s Actual?• What were the actual benefits realized from the implementation?• List other intangible benefits• How was feedback obtained from various stakeholders? How were they impacted? What was their perception?
6. Learning• What Went Well and What Went Wrong?• Single Point Lesson Learnt?• What would you do differently the next time you do a similar project?
7. Way Forward• How were the team members recognized?• Any intellectual property generated? How is it protected? How it is shared with the appropriate stakeholders?• Future development of the idea or using the same idea in different applications