NOVA MEAN is a Northern Virginia area meetup group focused on the MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, NodeJS). The meetup tonight will be for group programming on NOVA MEAN 2015 app. All are welcomed. From those who just starting to learn about Node.js, AngularJS, and MongoDB to experts who want to have fun and share insights.
Tonight we should be making a couple of starting point / framework type decisions and walking through being able to clone the repo and get your dev environment up. It should be an informative session.
More details at http://www.meetup.com/NOVA-MEAN/events/221431250/
June 16, 2015
MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, Node.js
Welcome to 2015
● Who’s here? What’s this group about?
● Build a real world mobile app using MEAN
“One of the best ways to learn
is to actually do something”
● Some interesting talks scattered
throughout the year
What is it going to do?
● Starting with Inventory Management
○ Easily add items such as clothing, food, and school
○ Add attributes to item types
○ Find food with a certain lot number or has expired
○ Item update and bulk item updates
○ Allow volunteers to login and update inventory
● Help any first timers get started
● Review what each team did last month to build and
deploy a REST Service (10 minutes each group)
● Finalize Node.js key frameworks
● Build initial framework and check into
NOVA MEAN git repo
● Review backlog
1. Install a development environment
b. MongoDB - Robo Mongo
d. IDE? Sublime Text or WebStorm
e. Run sample app - Running a generator
f. Clone our repo
g. Add yourself to notes/meeting-2015-04-21.txt using a pull request