ASP.NET vNext and the Modern Web
Choose your Editors
from on-premises to cloud
Faster Development CycleTotally Modular
ASP.NET vNext: What are KRE, KVM, K, KPM?
• K command is your entry point to the runtime
• KRE (K Runtime Environment) is used to bootstrap and run an ASP.NET vNext application
• KVM (K Version Manager) is a Powershell script used to get the runtime and manage
multiple versions of it
• KPM (K Package Manager), is the command to restore packages, install packages, pack
your application for deployment, etc.
Open Source and free Tools
• .NET Core with Mac and Linux support
• Visual Studio 2013 Community edition
• Visual Studio 2015 Preview