Here we go
• Idea, that will change the world!!!
• Set success and failure metrics
• Are you looking at page views?
• Registered users?
• Time on site?
• Conversion rate from visitor to member?
• Fallback: Don’t be blind by numbers
• Talk with engineers make sure it is feasible to built
• In given time(don’t forget about that, it matters)
• Talk w/ interaction designers,
test on customers
• Is it really usable? Are people
able to do things they need to
Image courtesy of quora.com
• Talk w/ customers
• Are customers in desperate need to do these
• Is there any other way people could solve existing
• What is end value for customer? Is it high enough?
• Ship product
• Analyze and check your metrics. Data could be
• Fix it ASAP
• Auth via social networks.
• User acquisition increased by ~30%.
• But revenue and pay check declines, what might be
Key things to measure
• Where people are coming from?
• What their favourite pages and activities?
• How long people are spending on the site?
• How many pages they are viewing?
• How often they return?
• Twitter DM: Дайте пару неудачных фич, которые
были введены в ДМ и потом их убрали
• Что не так с ДМ-ками? И вообще зачем они
нужны Твиттеру, когда есть Facebook Messenger,
WhatsApp and etc.?
• Research your competition
• Read every blog and overview of their product
• Watch the numbers
• Find something valuable and try to apply learned
things. Did it work?
• You can send results to:
• The best resource is practice
• Analytics: Lean Analytics book by Alistair Croll
• Design: Don’t make me think by Steve Krug
• Quora thread on PM: http://www.quora.com/Product-Management
• Ev Williams(co-founder @Twitter)
• Ken Norton(Partner @Google Ventures)
• Hunter Walk(Former PM Director @Youtube)
• Julie Zhuo(Product Design Director @Facebook)
• Kevin Weil(VP of Product for Revenue @Twitter)