Objectives of the lesson:
Talking about Moldovan Codrii as the
most precious national treasure ;
Understanding an informative text
on the given topic;
Naming the types of trees that grow
in Moldovan Codrii.
The 28 th of October
Topic: Moldovan Codrii
There are several things that make life on Earth possible. Among
them are forests. They are a major source of oxygen for the air we
breath. Without forests the Earth would probably be a totally lifeless
We, Moldovans, are lucky to have on this tiny piece of land the
cool and shadowy Codrii.
The Codrii are hills and valleys covered with forests. Ancient
oaks make them look majestic and mysterious. Here we can see
poplars, maple trees and the tallest beech with branches as long as
27 metres. There are sunny spots surrounded with acacia and linden
The Codrii mean rich orchards and vineyards, ancient villages,
streams lined with willows, sweet fragrance of flowers and trills of
birds. Winding paths lead to beautiful glades with colourful flowers.
Old people still remember the times when a lot of roes, wild
boars, foxes, wolves, martens and pheasants lived in this area.
Unfortunately most of them have disappeared. Our duty is to protect
the Codrii for future generations.
1. What is the name of the largest forest in Moldova?
2. Why does the author say that “ without forests the
Earth would be a lifeless planet”? Find and read the
answer from the text.
3. According to the text what tree is the symbol of
Moldovan Codrii? Why?
4. What animals used to live in Codrii?
5. What duty do Moldovan citizens have toward Codrii?
Find and read the answer from the text.
Read and identify the true and false sentences.
Correct the false ones.
1. The forests make life on Earth possible.
2. The Codrii of Moldova are large thick forests with ancient
3. In Codrii grow many banana trees.
4. In Moldovan Codrii live a lot of roes, wild boars, foxes,
wolves, martens and pheasants.
5. The Codrii are dangerous for people`s health.
6. Our duty is to protect the Codrii for future generations.
Group 1 – complete the spidergram about
Trees that grow in Codrii
Group 2 – match the adjective with the right noun:
1.Shadowy 1. Boars
2.Winding 2. Glade
3.Ancient 3. Oaks
4.Long 4. Flowers
5.Wonderful 5. Orchard
7.Rich 7. Path
8.Wild 8. Forest
Group 3 – circle the odd-words-out. Give
reasons to your answers.
1.Linden, birch, marten, maple, willow.
2.Roe, poplar, boar, wolf, fox.
3.Willow, beech, acacia, pheasant, oak.
4.Ancient, majestic, winding, path,
5.Fragrance, path, trill, rich, glade.
Gimnastică matematică a intelectului
1. Într-un luminiş de codru de formă pătrată se află cîte un
spiriduş la fiecare colţ. Cîţi spiriduşi vede fiecare spiriduş?
2. Într-un copac din mijlocul codrului un cuc stătea într-un
cuib.Cîte ouă va face cucul timp de o săptămînă în cuibul său?
3. Un stejar secular a găzduit 7 familii de vrăbii care sînt
considerate “sanitarii pădurilor”.Cîţi paşi face o vrabie într-o
oră, muncind din greu ca să protejeze pădurea de dăunători?
Dar toate familiile de vrăbii?
4. Vasilică a hotărît să dăruiască prietenei sale un coş cu mere. A
pornit la drum, din întîmplare a nimerit într-o poiană de
mesteceni.Cîte mere a cules Vasilică timp de o oră, ştiindu-l
5. Tatăl lui Ionel, fiind pădurar, a tăiat într-o zi un brad uscat de
10 metri.Cîte tăieturi trebuie să facă tata pentru a împărţi
bradul în zece părţi egale?
We read and analysed a text about Moldovan Codrii;
We learnt to destroy the nature;
We learnt new words and formed sentences with them;
We worked in groups;
We understood that Codrii are dangerous for our health;
We understood that Codrii are a major source of oxygen
for the air we breath;
We learnt that our duty is to protect the nature;
We understood that without forests the Earth would
probably be more beautiful and richer in oxygen;
We learnt about the animals that used to live in Codrii.
Cum v-aţi simţit la lecţia de astăzi?
Redaţi sentimentele trăite în cadrul
lecției prin culori. Argumentaţi
1.short summary of the
text (page 26);
2. Ex. 5(page 27)
3. to draw a picture of