• The Grand Canyon is located in northern Arizona and is one of the great tourist attractions in the United States. Carved over several
million years by the Colorado River, the canyon attains a depth of over 1.6 km (1 mile) and 446 km (277 miles) long. The Grand Canyon is
not the deepest or the longest canyon in the world but the overwhelming size and its intricate and colorful landscape offers visitor
spectacular vistas that are unmatched throughout the world.
• Manhattan is one of New York’s five boroughs and is what people most often think of when they picture New York City. It’s
familiar skyline and sights have been featured a thousand times on screen. Walk in the shadow of the skyscrapers, picture
the Statue of Liberty, see a Broadway show , climb the Empire State building, stroll Central Park, window shop on 5th
Avenue or stagger around a museum.
Golden Gate Bridge
• The Golden Gate Bridge is a suspension bridge spanning the Golden Gate, the strait between San Francisco and Marin
County to the north. The Golden Gate Bridge was the longest suspension bridge span in the world when it was completed in
1937, and has become an internationally recognized symbol of San Francisco and California. The famous red-orange color of
the bridge was specifically chosen to make the bridge more easily visible through the thick fog that frequently shrouds the
• The gambling mecca of the world, Las Vegas is situated in the midst of the southern Nevada desert landscape. Casinos can
be found throughout Las Vegas, but the strip, a stretch of Las Vegas Boulevard South, contains the most of them. It features
giant mega-casino hotels, decorated with lavish care and attention to detail to create a fantasy-like atmosphere. The casinos
often have names and themes that evoke romance, mystery, and far-away destination.
• Situated between the state of New York and the province of Ontario, Niagara Falls is one of the most spectacular natural
wonders on the North American continent. Niagara Falls is actually three different falls, the American Falls, Bridal Veil Falls
and Horseshoe Falls. Horseshoe Falls is located on the Canadian side while the other are located in New York. With more
than 14 million visitors each year it is one of the most visited tourist attraction in the world.
• The White House in Washington DC is the official residence and office of the President of the United States. It was built
between 1792 and 1800 and first used by President John Adams. After the 9/11 attacks it has become more difficult to visit
the White House and today tours are available only for groups of 10 or more and must be requested up to six months in
advance through your member of Congress or your country’s US Ambassador.