Product Alone is Not Enough
Early Customer Interaction is the Key
The Best Money is the One You
Get from Customers
Validation that you are creating
something of value
When you Build products, You
Get Services Business
When you Provide Services, You Get
Internet and Open Source
Including how you build and market
Changing Marketing Landscape
Outbound vs. Inbound Marketing
• Funded or Bootstrapped?
• Products or Services?
• Breadth or Depth?
• Low-end or high-end?
• Use a platform? Or Be a platform?
• Tools or Applications?
• Improve Existing Product or Build New Product?
• Incremental Innovation or Radical Innovation?
• Established Categories or New Categories?
• Direct Sales or through internet?
And More Questions
• What is the business model?
• How does the world know we exist?
• How do we keep up with information?
• How do we validate an idea?
• How do we know what it is worth?
• How do we know that there is a market?
• How do we get your first customer?
• How can we be different?
• What if I am a marketing guy?
• What if I am a techie with no marketing expertise?
• How can we ride a wave? How do I catch one?