Advances in ion channel drug discovery report

521 views

Published on

Approximately 13% of approved drugs have mechanisms involving the modulation of ion channel activity, which makes ion channels the second-largest mechanistic class of marketed compounds.

Published in: Business, Health & Medicine
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
521
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
4
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
4
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Advances in ion channel drug discovery report

  1. 1. Advances in Ion Channel Drug Discovery Approximately 13% of approved drugs have mechanisms involving the modulation of ion channel activity, which makes ion channels the second-largest mechanistic class of marketed compounds. Currently approved drugs address important disease areas including diabetes, epilepsy, hypertension, cardiac arrhythmia, anxiety, and pain. Approximately 35% of agents in development have big pharma sponsorship, with the remaining 65% under development by smaller biotech. CNS indications account for 45% of development programs. Agents in late-stage development include several first-in-class agents acting at the cystic fibrosis transmembrane regulator, and new NMDA and AMPA antagonists. Earlier-stage programs focus on selective Nav blockers (following on from genetic validation of Nav1.7 involvement in pain), subtype-selective NMDA and AMPA blockers, and a large number of TRP family members for a variety of indications. Request a Sample for or Inquire before buying the report Ion Channel Drug Discovery Features and benefits Understand the competitive landscape in ion channel modulation and compare the pipelines of specialist companies operating in this area Identify the most promising targets from a "likelihood of success" viewpoint. Identify the targets with scope for ion channel intervention and major market opportunity. Understand which advances in target discovery, technology, and clinical development will have biggest impact to move the area forward. Benchmark available technologies against the gold standard for ion channel discovery. Major points covered in Table of Contents of this report include: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY Introduction Characteristics of ion channels Commercial exploitation Discovery approaches New opportunities
  2. 2. Specialist company profilesOutlookAppendixList of TablesList of FiguresReport Details:Published: March 2012No. of Pages: 194Price: Single User License – US$3835 Corporate User License – US$14381Contact:Priyank TiwariTX, Dallas North - Dominion Plaza,17304, Preston Road,Suite 800, Dallas 75252.Tel: +1-888-391-5441sales@reportsandreports.comVisit our Market Research Blog @ http://www.reportsnreportsblog.com/Connect With Us:

×