THE PREOCCUPATION OF ALL THINGS Alvin L. Reyes MD
• Christ is the center of human existence, of history and the center between God and nature. • Dietrich Bonheoffer. Christ the Center
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. John 5:39
Everything in the visible Creation is an image of Jesus.
"For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers orauthorities— all things have been created by Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.“ Colossians 1:16-17
"For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote of Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?“ John 5:46-47
• …and that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before. Acts 3:20• The Philip went down to the city of Samaria and preached Christ unto them. Acts 8:5
• Immediately he preached the Christ in the synagogues, that He is the Son of God. Acts 9:20• And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ. Acts 5:42
• The disciples were consumed by Christ. He was their message, their teaching, their proclamation, their very life.
How many times did you hear the name of Jesusmentioned in the last sermon you heard?
Out of the abundance of the heart the mouthspeaketh. Matthew 12: 34
Paul was consumed with his crucified, risen and reigning Lord. His heart was occupied by Christ, and Jesus poured freely from his lips and pen.
• To me who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ. Ephesians 3:8• For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord. 2 Corinthians 4:5
I am crucified with Christ:nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: Galatians 2:20
The Bible from Genesis 1:1 toRevelation 22:21 is preoccupied with Jesus.
PRACTICAL IMPLICATION 1:WHAT IS PREACHED IN OUR PULPITS?
WHAT’S BEING PREACHED IN OUR PULPITS? • Mark of the beast and Sunday law • How to live by faith • Spiritual warfare • Evangelism & witnessing • The 10 Commandments • Spirit of prophecy • The Sabbath WILL THESE SAVE YOU?
The tragedy of our times is that countlesspreachers, teachers and messages relegate Jesus to a footnote.
PRACTICAL IMPLICATION 2:WHAT OCCUPIES YOUR HEART?
SO WHAT IS YOUR PRE OCCUPATION IN LIFE & MINISTRY? • Material things • Evangelism • Prophecy • Medical Missions • Health & Natural Healing • Theology WILL THESE SAVE YOU?
• All these things are just “things” when our preoccupation should be a “Him”.• Many times Jesus is pushed to the corner as a side dish and he is rarely the main course.