Be the first to like this
There are 3.5B pieces of content shared per week. That's a lot of content. And if you are a brand, you probably didn't sign up to become a publisher. But guess what? For your engagement with your fans to be even remotely engaging -- you need content.
This keynote is about how to use B.I.G. data to understand your engagement ranking as well as your content strategy for the future. These details are critical to avoid wasting your content budget, much less waste your content management distribution system costs... and don't forget the cost of creative....
To get a Return on Investment on your content here's a taste of what's in this presentation and what you as a CMO or Digital Marketer or Creative Director need to know about engagement and the having the ability to compare your engagement and content plays in your success to reach your marketing goals.
Here's what we explore...
• Where does your engagement stack against your competitors.
• What type of content best engages your audience and fans -is it photos, videos, status updates, offers, coupons?
• Then you need to actually study the content you are posting and the content that your competitors are posting. Being a bit of a Margaret Mead... you'll be able to detect the type of content that will elicit positive response
• What's the best time of day to post your content?
• What content could you curate from non-competitors- from content that has already been highly engaged with fans similar to your fans?
If you try to do this by hand, meaning trying to examine each piece of your competitors content, you'd probably go blind, crazy or at least loose your
If the purpose of all this "content" we are creating is to gain engagement. And the purpose of "engagement" is to acquire more customers and increase their customer lifetime value, then you can get a ROI for your content strategy.
So how do you approach your content strategy? Do you use a platform to do this type of analysis or are you guessing / experimenting with what works? Clients that I have seen use this tool end up with at least 30% increase in engagement . And even some, like TCBY increased their engagement by 300%. When I see these types of things... they fall into that category of "things" that make you hhhhhmmmm....
Ok- I admit it - I am a data geek - I think it rocks, but I think this report will help convert you into to being a bit of a data geek yourself... Love to hear your thoughts!