BY: PEDRO SÁNCHEZ HERNÁNDEZ
relief in Spain
IN THE CENTRE
·Montes de Toledo
·Montes de León
Montainous areas: Pyrenees,
Mazico Galaioco, Costero
Catalanas, Montes Vascos, Sistemas
Large Lowland areas : valleys of
the Ebro and Guadalquivir.
• COASTS IN THE NORTH : rocky, with lots
of high cliffs.
• COASTS IN THE SOUTH: with lots of low
and sandy beaches.
RIVERS IN SPAIN
• ATLANTIC OCEAN: Miño, Duero, Tajo,
Guadiana and Guadalquivir.
• MEDITERRANEAN SEA: Ter, Ebro,
Llobregat, Turia, Júcar and Segura.
• CANTABRIAN SEA: Nalón, Nervión and
• NATURAL LANDSCAPE: are areas that have
not been transformed by human activity.
• Many of these areas have been made into nature
reserves to protect them from human activity.
• Some of the most important nature reserves in
Spain are national parks.
• HUMANIZED LANDSCAPE: are areas that
have been transformed by human activity.
• Rural landscape are typical of the countryside. In
these areas, we usually find farmers´ fields. There
are often villages and small towns with short,
narrow streets and low buildings.
• Urban landscape are typical of cities. We usually
find large motorways, wide streets, tall buildings
and a variety of industries.