David Nour Relationship Economics And Social Networking Best Practices 2.09
Relationship Economics® &
Social Networking Best Practices
David Nour – “Google Me”…
SALES & MARKETING
CONSULTING / M&A
Do you have contacts,
or do you have
What is the
of your relationships?
“Our economy, our Disconnected from
democracy, and even One Another
our health and
happiness depends Dramatic Erosion of
on adequate stocks our Sense of
of social capital.”
- Robert Putnam
75%+ of execs to maintain / increase investments in
technology that encourages user collaboration
50% pleased with past Internet investments; some regret
not boosting own capabilities to exploit technology; should
have acted faster
Source: McKinsey Survey
Social Networking Strategy
Engage & Influence
– often without Authority…
1. Identify Key Relevant Stakeholders
2. Sources of Internal and External Insights
3. Engage with Unique Value-Add
4. Deliver Exceptional Experiences!
5. Influence Best Practices for Future Success
Relationship Economics® Overview
ADOPTING THE ART AND SCIENCE OF RELATIONSHIPS
Sum (Recognition) (Relationship Currency)
Reputation for Delivering
Professional Net Worth =
Promised Net Worth®
Source: Jakob Nielsen Participation Inequality
Return on Influence™
Partner in Charge -
Fruad Risk Compliance &
Evidence & Engagment
Fraud & Misconduct
Anti-Fraud Controls & Programs
Forensic In The Audit
Inflection Point – You & Your Role!
1. Personal – Your Personal Development
2. Functional – Your Realm of Responsibilities
3. Strategic – New Business Directions /
Not Mutually Exclusive!
Corporate Firms & Social Networking
1800Flowers AMD Adidas Autodesk American
Apparel AOL BBC BMW Calvin Klein Coldwell
Banker Circuit City Cisco Cnet Dell Fox
Atomic H&R Block IBM Intel iVillage Kelly
Services Level 3 Mazda Mercedes Benz
Microsoft MLB.com movietickets.com MTV
NBA Nissan Philips Pontiac Reebok Reuters
Saxo Bank Sears Sky News Sony BMG Sony
Ericcson Sprint Starwood Hotels Sun
Sundance Telstra Telus Toyota Visa
Vodafone Weather Channel Wired
Relationship Currency® Roadmap
RELATIONSHIP CURRENT RELATIONSHIP
CURRENCY RELATIONSHIP CENTRIC
DEPOSITS™ BANK™ GOALS
STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIP PLAN (SRP)™
Top 10 Things YOU can do!
1. Become Naturally Inquisitive!
a. Google: “Social Networking Websites”
b. Follow the Hyperlinks!
c. Version One is better than Version None!
2. Create Templates: Profile, Specialties, Intro EMs in Word
3. Build Content Rich Profiles – Consistently
4. Clean up your Outlook / Upload your contacts in 1-2…
5. Use Social Networking to Identify Access / Due Diligence
6. Map your internal and external source of Influence
7. Schedule five (5) coffee meetings
8. Send out five (5) personal, handwritten notes!
9. Read Daily to find valuable insights; send them!
10. Invest in ONE referral relationship each week!