Homeboyz: A Brief Background• Homeboyz Entertainment is Kenya’s most recognizable entertainment brand, having started in the mid-90’s.• Homeboyz operations currently span into DJ Training, event management, experiential marketing and radio and web broadcasting.• The Homeboyz association with rugby in Kenya has consistently spanned over 15 years
Homeboyz RFC: The Humble OriginsThe rugby team, Homeboyz RFC was founded in early 2009.This was a result of the perceived need in the market toaccommodate the younger players who felt that they werenot being given enough opportunities to play competitiverugby.Homeboyz Entertainment responded to this by creating asporting platform for youth empowerment and development.Homeboyz RFC is also the only rugby team in East and CentralAfrica funded by a local entertainment company.
Team Philosophy:“Touch, Engage , Elevate”1. Touch: The spirit of the fans2. Engage: Our Competitors3. Elevate: The standards of the game Touch Homeboyz RFC Engage Elevate
Homeboyz RFC: Team Performance• Eric Shirley Shield Champs 2009, 2010• Chairmans Cup Champs 2010,• Dubai 7’s invitational mens tournament 2010 quarter finals.
Evolution: What Next?• As a start-up team in 2009, Homeboyz RFC was initially placed in the lower-tier Eric Shirley Shield.• After winning the Eric Shirley Shield 2 years in a row, they have now been promoted to the ultra-competitive Kenya Cup.• They now need your support to grow into the top league rugby team in Kenya
What are we looking for?• We need you.• Your sponsorship and partnership to deliver quality rugby experience.• By becoming our partner, we’re giving your brand the opportunity to grow with us.
What does your sponsorship entitle you to?• Branding at Home pitch• Branding on Team kit• Co-branded fan merchandise opportunities• Involvement in team promotions• Branding on team shuttle• Branding on cheerleader routines• Radio team updates• Web & Digital Support
1. Branding at Home Pitch• The team has recently relocated to the more accessible Ligi Ndogo Grounds, adjacent to RFUEA Grounds, Nairobi.• This will serve at the training grounds as well as the home pitch.• As a sponsor you will be entitled to: – Pitch-side branding during games and training – Branding on the bleachers – Branding at team clubhouse – Branding at entrance
2. Branding on team kit• As a sponsor, you will be entitled to place your corporate branding on official kit and training kits.• This will expose your brand to all rugby fans and enhanced exposure during media coverage and press briefings
3. Fan merchandise• To grow the fan base, we will be producing official team merchandise such as: – Mix CD’s – Mugs – Caps – T-Shirts• These would be co-branded with you, our sponsor
4. Rugby Fashion OpportunitiesRugby dresses are the new ‘cool’ forfemale fans and are a great way fora girl to represent her team! Rugby shirts are becoming more fashionable, where men combine them with formal ties and other accessories
5. Team Promotional Tour• Our aim in 2011 is to ensure that each individual player on the team becomes a youth celebrity in their own right.• As such we will be giving them a high intensity rota of public appearances, media interviews and social media support to ensure they sell the team brand.• This will also see them make school, college, office and media house visits.• These are key branding opportunities for our sponsors.
6. Team Shuttle Activities• We have to ensure our players and fans will always have transport to games and training sessions.• Furthermore, they are obligated to make appearances for our social and charitable events.• This vehicle will be given eye-catching branding and ‘souped up’ in-car entertainment.• The co-branded Homeboyz RFC team shuttle will be a welcome entrant to any social scene and event.• And it will carry your co-branding.
7. Homeboyz RFC Cheerleaders• We also have girls on the team.• Our experiential team has vast experience in training our performance acts.• Every Homeboyz game will be matched by stunning routines, outfits and cheerleading songs.• You, as a sponsor will have your brand included in the cheerleader team branding and routines.
8. Homeboyz Radio Updates• Our broadcasting divisions, Homeboyz Radio and Uptown Radio will produce and air a weekly Homeboyz Rugby Update.• This will be a 30-minute production incorporating: – Team updates – Player profiles – Match schedules – Fan requests – Sponsor commercials & promotions
9. Web & Digital Support• We will support the teams efforts via• Facebook & twitter fan updates and membership drive• Team web site with schedules and picture galleries• Web linkages with partner sites• All these will be co-branded with the sponsor.
The Media We Can Tap Into . . .• Pulse Magazine• Insyder Magazine• Str8 Up TV show (KTN)• The Beat TV Show (NTV)• Zuqka Magazine
Cost of SponsorshipAn annual sponsorship entitles you to: – The entire list of sponsorship opportunities described above. – Exclusivity for your brand – Bonus airtime on Homeboyz Radio across the year – A limitless amount of promotion opportunities across the year
Team Management• Myke Rabar (Chairman)• David Kiathe (Secretary)• Paul Murunga (Coach)• Denis Ndavi (Marketing)
Touch, Engage , Elevate To seize this opportunity, get in touch with Denis Ndavi T: +254 (0) 722 / 0732 – 710308 E: firstname.lastname@example.org