Be the first to like this
How many degree listings does your institution’s website have? How robust is that information? How consistent and on-brand is it? The amount of information related to academic programs is vast and varied. Tuition, scholarships, plans of study, facilities, profiles, media and more. Having clear and consistent academic information would be a differentiator for many schools. A single source-of-truth for academic content might be the holy grail.
This presentation shares how West Virginia University has started to tackle this problem. Their Academic Programs API combines Contentful, a headless CMS, with Amazon Web Services. This has led to a flexible, easy-to-update system for authors, developers and designers.
In this session, you’ll learn how to:
* Work with content owners to show them the importance of centralized content and how to source it
* Define content models and relationships in Contentful
* Use AWS’s Lambda, DynamoDB and API Gateway services to build an API
* Expand your efforts beyond academic information
* Take control of your institution’s content