Sales Professionals and Business Owners: Buyer Persona Smarketing Webinar
WEBINAR – Who are you talking to?
How to create personas to drive more revenue
Welcome! While we’re waiting...
Please enter either your
Favorite BBQ joint, or
Industry for your business
into the chat pane.
Who are you talking to?
How to create personas to drive more revenue.
An overview of buyer personas.
Founder & CEO of Digital Marketing Direction.
I like tennis, OU, BBQ, and helping businesses
grow with fancy new digital marketing strategies.
You can connect with me on LinkedIn
– 15-20 minutes of discussing personas
– 10 minutes for questions at the end
This webinar is for you if
– You sell a product or service
– You have buyers
– You want to sell more of your product or service
to those buyers
Do all of those things
“Raise your hand” if they do!
Buyer personas are fictional representations
of your ideal customers. They are based
on real data about customer demographics
and online behavior, along with educated
speculation about their personal histories,
motivations, and concerns.
Are you marketing to the
sales manager or accountant?
To the Olympian or
the weekend jogger?
If you’re not sure, then you are losing
money you could otherwise be making.
Everything starts with this.
Some questions to find
out answers to
– Who wants to buy your product or service and why?
– What are their typical demographics?
– What do they care about?
– Who are they?
– Where do they go to research your type or solution?
– What do they watch and read?
– Who and what do they trust?
• Head of Human Resources
• Worked at the same company for 10 years;
worked her way up from HR Associate
• Married with 2 children (10 and 8)
• Skews female
• Age 30-45
• Dual HH Income: $140,000
• Calm demeanor
• Probably has an assistant screening calls
• Asks to receive collateral mailed/printed
• Keep employees happy and turnover low
• Support legal and finance teams
• Getting everything done with a small staff
• Rolling out changes to the entire company
HOW WE HELP:
• Make it easy to manage all employee
data in one place
• Integrate with legal and finance
• “It’s been difficult getting company- wide
adoption of new technologies in the past.”
• “I don’t have time to train new employees
on a million different databases
• “I’ve had to deal with so many painful
integrations with other departments’
databases and software.”
• I’m worried I’ll lose data transitioning
to a new system.
• I don’t want to have to train the entire
company on how to use a new system.
• Integrated HR Database Management
• We give you an intuitive database that
integrates with your existing software and
platforms, and lifetime training to help new
employees get up to speed quickly.
• Basic details about persona’s role
• Key information about the
• Relevant background info,
like education or hobbies
• Age Range
• HH Income (Consider a spouse’s
income, if relevant)
• Urbanicity (Is your persona urban,
suburban, or rural?)
• Buzz words
You can find this
of your target
• Persona’s primary goal
• Persona’s secondary goal
• Primary challenge to persona’s success
•Secondary challenge to persona’s success
HOW WE HELP:
• How you solve your persona’s challenges
• How you help your persona achieve goals
with your target
audience to learn
about their goals
and challenges in
• Include a few real quotes – taken
during your interviews – that represent
your persona well. This will make it easier
for employees to relate to and understand
• Identify the most common objections your
persona will raise during the sales process.
help your sales
team be better
• How should you describe your
solution to your persona?
• Make describing your solution simple and
consistent across everyone in your company.
Including a real
the same person.
convey the same
Does anyone want to share one of