1. Incubator 2.0: A Silicon Valley Story Engineering Better High-Tech Startups with Incubators, Investment, & Iterative Development Dave McClure (@DaveMcClure) Founders Fund & GeeksOnaPlane.com Sept-Oct 2009
2. Startup Funding Ecosystem Union Square Ventures First Round Capital SoftTech (Jeff Clavier) SV Angel (Ron Conway) Benchmark Sequoia Y-Combinator TechStars FF Angel FF II fbFund REV (FF, Accel, Facebook) FF I Angels & Incubators ($0-10M) Seed Funds ($10-50M) Small VC Funds ($50-250M) Traditional VC Funds (>$250M)
23. Minimize TOTAL time through the loop LEARN BUILD MEASURE IDEAS CODE DATA Source: Eric Ries, The Lean Startup
25. AARRR!: 5-Step Startup Metrics Model Website.com R evenue $$$ Biz Dev Ads, Lead Gen, Subscriptions, ECommerce A CQUISITION SEO SEM Apps & Widgets Affiliates Email PR Biz Dev Campaigns, Contests Direct, Tel, TV Social Networks Blogs Domains R etention Emails & Alerts System Events & Time-based Features Blogs, RSS, News Feeds
31. Silicon Valley Innovation = Entrepreneurs + Technology + Immigrants Immigration as Critical to American Economic Leadership as Technology Innovation
BUILT TO LEARN This is the core feedback loop that powers startups. Their goal is not to optimize the time it takes to do any one of these steps. There are many specific practices that can power lean startups, and we’ll cover a few in this presentation. But more important than any specific practice is this core idea: startups should be built to learn.