Slide deck from a SMART Notebook file used to teach about various multimedia (video and audio) and the pedagogy behind using a SMARTboard. Workshop given to Manitoba Education Consultants on 22 April 2010.
Can you tell the difference?
Laurie Anderson, Zero and One
Try to chop Laurie Anderson
The Trouble with Tribbles
Is Spock telling the truth? HOMEWORK
• total of 1 771 561 tribbles
• stared with 1 tribble
• each tribble produces 10
tribbles/litter every 12 hours
• they did this for 3 days
What if he's not lying? HOMEWORK
What if a little more
than 3 days have passed?
How much time has actually passed?
Assume a total of 1 771 561 tribbles, how long would it
take 1 tribble to produce that many?
Embedding Flash Files
(1) Load the page with the ﬁle you want in FireFox.
(2) Go to the TOOLS menu, select Page Info.
(3) Click on the Media tab.
(4) Scroll through the list of ﬁles and click the one you want, it must
end in .ﬂv or .swf; the "ﬁle type" is either "embed" or "object".
(5) Click on the Save As button in the bottom right corner.
(6) Drag & Drop the ﬁle into Notebook.
Try this out using one of these sites ...
CrickWeb Numeracy Concord SD Every Math Collection
Woodlands Revision Site Birmingham Grid For Learning
(English, Math, Science) (English, Math, Science)
Magic is true!