1. What should a BASIC SEO company offer?
2. What should an ADVANCED SEO company offer?
3. What should be included in an SEO plan?
4. What should you avoid!
5. Helpful hints in considering alternatives
What should a Basic SEO
• Review of your site content and structure
• Technical advice on website development
• Content development
• Management of online business development campaigns
• Keyword research
• Expertise in specific markets and geographies.
What should an ADVANCED
SEO company offer?
• Marketing Strategies for Lead Funnels (targeting your
Revenue Goals (ROI) and measuring them)
• Design improvements to increase conversions
• Consultation on Link Building strategies
• Integrated plans for Advanced Media channels
(Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Variable Email Campaigns
• Personal training on final reports
What should you Avoid?
1. Link Farms
• Websites that have a high page rank and offer listings to
improve your Google Page Rank. These companies get found
out by Google and listed sites may end up penalized for this!
2. Meaningless Pay Per Click Budgets
• Companies wanting to sell clicks without good content can
attract users, but usually result in a low conversion rate (
• Since a lot of SEO work is completed in code behind your
site, it is hard to know if it has been done correctly. Some
companies only edit Title / META tags, which worked 10
years ago, but not anymore.
What should you Avoid?
4. Veteran SEO Companies
• SEO standards change on a weekly basis, but some
companies continue using the same methods years after
5. SEO Software
• Similar to Veteran SEO companies, software also
becomes quickly outdated once released in the
marketplace. There are solutions that can help the SEO
process, but the actual implementation needs to be
completed by an intelligent SEO developer.
1. If you are redesigning your website, it is best to hire
an SEO company that offers design. There is a lot of
re-work that an SEO company would need to do if
you get it designed somewhere else. Save money by
consolidating these projects!
2. Ask your SEO vendor if they have taken on a similar
project, and what was the average cost per
conversion. This number will help you understand
how much your conversions may cost you.
(Ex/ Candybox Marketing has success in the Toronto
Real Estate & Toronto Mortgage marketplace)
3. Ensure that you have a monthly budget
allocation for SEO updates and request feedback
on a monthly basis. If your site does not change,
your overall PageRank will drop over time.
4. Request to see their Marketing Strategies in the
proposal. If they cannot offer a conversion
solution, there will be no point perusing the SEO.
5. Ask for references. It doesn’t matter what they say
about results, investigate clients that have had
recent success and speak to them.
About Candybox Marketing
Mission: To create long-term, viable success for our
customers while providing excellent service.
Toronto Based SEO / SEM Marketing Agency
Privately owned & operated
Google Certified reseller
50 Years combined online advertising
Based out of Toronto & Mississauga
15+ Enterprise clients (Canada / US)
Check out our SEO Services
Visit the Candybox Marketing Blog