Blog.synergita.com go green-with_synergita_on_your_performance_management_process 2
Go Green with Synergita on your performance
Recently, we have been talking to a traditional company about their perf ormance management
process. Fast growing, f ocussed on B2C segment. Customer excellence is critical f or them and
want to make sure that entire organization f ocuses on customer centricity. All the processes and
people KRA’s are designed around customer excellence – What is my contribution towards making
my customer happy. Excellent thoughts.
During this discussions, we also talked about how Synergita can save money f or them (or) f or
that matter, any other organization – just on “cutting down the usage of paper”.
- Processes are designed around f orms. You want to provide f eedback – there is a structured
evaluation f orm. Just f ill it and submit. You need some help f rom your IT team on f ixing your
computer – f ill out a support request f orm and submit it. So, f orms are the key. Since
Perf ormance Appraisals become a record on an employee’s career, these f orms get into
employee personal f ile. Imagine – if the organization has 1000 employees and they go through
paper based appraisals, you get several f orms printed, re-printed, stored. Eventually, you need
separate cabinet f or storing employee f iles.
- Not just that – these print-outs are photo-copied, email out, spread across several desktops,
etc. If you are going through a 360 degree f eedback and assuming an average of 5 peer
f eedback, that leads to 5000 f orms.
These are just couple of examples. On an average, in a perf ormance management f eedback
cycle, an employee deals with:
- Manager’s Feedback f orm
- Peer f eedback / matrix manager’s f eedback f orm
- Recommendation f orm (f or promotion, salary revision)
- Feedback report (ultimate report which gets compiled f rom the above)
- Appraisal letters (this itself is a separate process and huge work f or HR to f igure out how
to structure the language between a “star perf ormer” to “Improving Perf ormer” to announcing
promotions / role changes and salary changes.
Employee tend to take atleast 5 print-outs during the course of one appraisal. If you do 4
f eedback cycles a year, then the problem (or opportunity f or saving) quadrapules.
With Synergita, it is lot more easier to manage the process and eliminate lot of paper work that is
resulting in employee inf ormation management and perf ormance management. Go green and
save on paper. Move towards paperless of f ice.
For more inf ormation, please visit www.synergita.com
Asst. Manager- Talent Developer at Synergita
I am an HR prof essional with over 3 years of experience in Perf ormance
Management,Employee Recognition, Strategic HR, Competency
Management,Talent planning, Employee management, hiring, resourcing,
manpower planning, talent acquisition, employee retention and other HR activities.
Latest posts by Diya Jose (see all)
Go Green with Synergita on your perf ormance management process - April
Food f or thoughts – interesting books - March 5, 2014
Workshop on “Managing Perf ormance & Delivering Business Value” by Mali Mahalingam at
Chennai - March 4, 2014
1. Synergita integrates with Medallia – Customer Experience Management Solution
2. Relax! It is just perf ormance appraisals !
3. Subjectivity in perf ormance appraisals
4. Turn Perf ormance Management into Employee Development