Vue Storefront is a standalone PWA storefront for your eCommerce, possible to connect with any eCommerce backend (eg. Magento, Pimcore, Prestashop or Shopware) through the API.
Vue Storefront is and always will be in the open source. Anyone can use and support the project, we want it to be a tool for the improvement of the shopping experience. The project is in the production ready phase.
PWA is a Web application which behaves the same way like the native:
- can be used without the internet connection,
- like an app - is blazingly fast,
- can be added to Home screen but without installation process,
- in contrast to Apps is linkable - easy to share,
- offers the same UX and UI like native apps, with push notifications etc.
So, our goal was to create Mobile-first, Offline-first eCommerce app which will be:
- Fault tolerant - because it can work even without Internet access, it can run without any central servers - there is no such traffic peak that will kill the service,
- We're to use all the PWA benefits - app manifest to install it on the home screen, use Service Workers to cache data etc. More on that later!
- Would be great if we can achieve the response times within few dozen milliseconds per interaction,
- The storefront is also designed to be platform agnostic - so to be able to integrate the same way with Magento, Pimcore, Shopify Plus or other platforms.
In the end, we just wanted to play with the newest technologies and have fun in the process - so it's the reason we based on Node, ES2016, Vue.js and Elastic.
Follow Vue Storefront Online Here: