• Why Burj Dubai becomes Burj Khallifa??
• Idea behind
• Facts and figures
• Burj khalifa is a skyscraper in Dubai,united
• Currently the tallest manmade structure in the
• Construction has taken 22 million man-hours.
Why Burj Dubai becomes
• Burj Dubai was officially renamed by Dubai’s
ruler as the Burj Khalifa named after the UAE
president Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed.
• Reportedly based on Government decision to
diversity from oil based economy to service
and tourism oriented.
The concept of desert flower
”Hymenocallis” has been adopted in
Burj Khalifa Construction team
• Burj Khalifa was truly an international
collaboration between more than 30 on-site
contracting companies from nations around
• At the peak of construction, over 12,000
workers and constructors were on site every
day, representing more than 100 nationalities.
• Workers include mostly Indian,Pakistani and
Structural System to resist the wind
• Tall building usually has to
resist large wind force
• The “Y” shaped structure of
Burj Khalifa reduces the wind
force in the building.
• Y-shape plan keeps the
structure simple and helps in
Facts and Figures
• Former names: Burj Dubai
• Preceded by: Taipei 101
• Location : Dubai, United Arab Emirates
• Construction started: January 2004
• Construction ended : 2010
• Opening: 4 January 2010
• Cost : USD $ 1.5 billion
• Building with most floors: 160
Antenna spire : 829.84 m (2,723 ft)
Roof : 828 m (2,717 ft)
Top floor : 621.3 m (2,038 ft)
• Architect : Adrian Smith
• Developer : Emaar Properties
• Structural engineer : Bill Baker