A blade server is a server computer with a modular
design optimized to minimize the use of physical space,
cost and energy.
Together, blades and the blade enclosure form the
COMPONENTS OF BLADE SERVER
COMPARISON BETWEEN RACK SERVER
AND BLADE SERVER
Rack Server Blade Server
1. Only one server is mounted inside a
1. User can increase or decrease
server blades in a rack according to
2. It takes more physical space. 2. It takes less physical space.
3. It takes lot of energy. 3. It takes less energy.
4. eg.: Small or medium businesses. 4. eg.: Web hosting, Virtualization,
USES OF BLADE SERVER
MANUFACTURER OF BLADE SERVER
Supermicro (Independent professional computer manufacturer)
Blade servers are used by big companies where a lot of
work of computation is to be done.
They save the lot of physical space, energy and money.