Registered apprenticeship work based learning strategy
A WORK BASED LEARNING STRATEGY
WHAT IS REGISTERED
• A talent development training system sponsored by the
U.S. Department of Labor, enacted under the “Fitzgerald
Act” in 1937.
• On the Job Learning - Full Time Paid Employment
• Related Instruction - Relevant Theoretical Courses
• A flexible systematic approach for providing ongoing
talent development and capacity building.
• An increase in the education, skill, experience and
productivity levels of staff.
• Proven strategies which prepare your workforce to
compete effectively in a global economy.
• An excellent return on talent development ensuring
consistency of training.
• A valuable marketing strategy.
• An effective approach in the recruitment and retention of
a highly qualified workforce.
• Increased productivity, quality and competency by
cultivating a highly proficient and educated workforce.
• On-the-job learning under the guidance of experienced
and qualified staff.
• Occupation specific education/technical instruction.
• Training and certifications which adhere to
• Opportunities to receive education, develop expertise
and gain experience which enable them to advance in
• Elimination of skill gaps.
• Support system to promote career ladders and lattices.
• A nationally recognized credential, which is a benchmark
of academic achieve and actual job experience.
• 950+ occupations in diverse industry sectors have been
recognized as apprenticeable:
Advanced Manufacturing Health Care
Automotive Homeland Security
Energy Information Technology
Finance Services Transportation
SIMPLE STEPS TO SET UP REGISTERED
Contact Your Federal Representative: 732-750-9191
Debra Paul: email@example.com
Bergen, Essex, Hudson & Union Counties
Donna Scalia: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Morris, Passaic, Somerset,
Sussex and Warren Counties
Joann Tomenchok: email@example.com
Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland,
Gloucester, Monmouth, Ocean & Salem Counties
• U.S. Department of Labor – Employment & Training
Administration – Office of Apprenticeship
• Workforce3One-Community of Practice
• Workforce New Jersey Public Information Network