How To Handle Digital Marketing Crisis In E-Commerce Business - eCommCongress 2016
Have you ever seen yur fans or customers hate you publicly due to a mistake or bad attitude from your staff? Congrats! You were in a digital marketing crisis situation :) Do you wanna know how you can handle such bad situations with a glance? Check the decks inside to find simple and useful tips now!
1. Keep CALM! And don’t let emotions make you type superstupid replies.
2. Get personal – today everything is personal
3. Apologize even if you’re right and client is not. Just apologize!
4. If the troll army is behind the corner:
A. Call your best PR and get the media on your side as fast as possible.
B. Contact your influencers – ask for help.
C. Blast email with apology and a rewards before the trolls rape you.
D. If it is too late – watch the army raping your reputation. When they are done start cleaning –
reply where possible, hide bad language comments…
Social Media – BANG!
1. Start writing apology email! NOW! NOW! NOOOOOOOOOW!
2. Monitor for mail replies, all social media channels.
3. Go to call center and tell them a storm is coming – because everyone will
go nuts when they realize they won something… and few hours later YOU
tell all those people they don’t won anything.
4. Find a drug dealer.
5. Sleep will be your most wanted thing in the
next few days.
Send winning email to all
1. Apologize! And tell the client the right product is already sent to him/her.
2. Add a gift to the package with the proper item/product.
3. Make it official – add a policy on the site with crystal clear words about
4. Give discount for next order.
5. Apologize again and try to make it less official at the end.
Wrong product sent