VISUAL CONTENT MARKETING
ENGAGE YOUR AUDIENCE
What is Visual Content?
• Visual content is content that communicates or
compliments the valuable information in a visual way.
Humans have been using visuals to communicate for
thousands of years.
• The human brain can process images faster than text,
whitepapers on how videos foster more engagement on
your website, and how photos get shared more on social
6 types of visual content
• When you split up a body of text with some compelling
images, people are more inclined to finish reading what
you’ve written .
• With resources such as Canva, you can create unique,
captivating images for free with a simplistic drag-and-drop
interface. Alternatively, there are an endless amount of
excellent quality photos on photo-sharing sites such as
Flickr that can be acquired for free.
1. While there are much cheaper types of visual content
available, a great video serves as extra clout for your
campaign by demonstrating that you’re prepared to go the
extra mile for quality. One study showed that including a
video on a landing page increased conversions by 86%
2. There are numerous types of videos that can enhance your
business – you could consider how-to videos, animated
explainer videos, demonstrations or customer testimonials.
• Infographics are an excellent tool for displaying your complex data and
statistics and collating them into a compelling, easily visual display. (Easy
• It’s essential that the layout and design is as impactful as possible. The
designer must combine the right colors, shapes and fonts to convey your
important data. The information you choose to include in the infographic
must be accurate and contextually relevant.
• Memes are now commonly known
as images that are accompanied by
• Unique benefit of memes is that
they allow you to create in-jokes
about your industry, which is a
great way to make people laugh
and build a community around
• Screenshots can be hugely beneficial as a trust-
building tool. Consider using them to capture
customer reviews or testimonials from industry
forums or social media (88% of people read
reviews to determine the quality of a business).
Why is visual content important?
• Get noticed online
• Attract organic traffic
• Quickly communicate a brand message
• Encourage social sharing
HOW TO GRAB EYEBALLS WITH VISUAL CONTENT
1. SIZE MATTERS
If you're going to post visual content
on social media, you need to pay
attention to what size works best
for which platform. Photo tools -
Canva (free) , Wordswag - iOS
only, Phonto - Android only.
Legend (animated text in quick
video & gifs) - iOS & Android.
2. CAPTIVATE WITH COLOR
A bold, bright image can
be very arresting on all social media
HOW TO ENCOURAGE SOCIAL SHARING
The more people who see your content, the more it
will grab someone’s interest and generate a new lead.
So how do you optimize visual content for
1. Shocking & Unexpected
The King of Marketing,
Sir Richard Branson,
shows how to
humor to make a huge
and lasting brand
impact. Who wouldn't
want to share this
Fishkin of Moz always
injects a little humor
into his blogs. His
blogs are not just
funny but also
3. Tell it with text
Text adds more meaning to visual content and snags
the attention for longer.
• Food and eating is one of the most pleasurable experiences so it stands to
reason we'd want to share photographs of delicious plates of food.
• On Instagram there are currently 187,821,230 million posts using the
hashtag #food; 34,461552 million posts using the hashtag #cake.