Interested in building a Web Analytics Framework that really works? Here's a deck to guide you create the same. Originally presented at TiEcon Delhi 2012 by Aloek Bajpai (iXiGO) and Pradeep Chopra (Digital Vidya).
1. E-commerce TrackingSource Visits Trials Transac9ons SEO 33413 481 79 Direct 7041 193 82 Google Adwords 1664 204 8 Referral (SiteA) 732 28 6 Referral (SiteB) 384 11 4
2. UTM Tracking Source Visits Sign-‐Ups (%) Bounce Rate Source A 150 7 65 Source B 35 9 45 Source C 46 12 48 Source D 95 8 56 Source E 140 5 67 digitalvidya.com?utm_source=tb;utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jun-‐12
3. Revenue Modeling Monthly India Asia Total Revenue (Rs) 800,000 400,000 12,00,000 No of ParUcipants 100 50 150 No of Leads 2000 1000 3000 No of Visitors 20000 10000 30000 Cost of Adv (Rs) 160,000 80,000 240,000 Daily Calls 150 75 225 No of Callers 2.5 1.25 3.75 The odds of contac9ng a lead if called in 5 minutes versus 30 minutes drop 100 9mes. The odds of qualifying a lead if called in 5 minutes versus 30 minutes drop 21 9mes.
4. Top 10 Metrics for CEOs1. Daily Visits2. Daily Unique Visitors3. Unique Pageviews for important pages4. Multi-Channel Conversion Funnel5. Bounce Rate6. Direct Visits (including brand keyword visits)7. SEO Visits + Keywords Base8. Referring Sites (Deep-Dive)9. No. of server errors (404s / 500s)10. Qualitative Feedback/Sentiment Report
5. Using Advanced Segments & Custom Reports• Advanced Segments – Segment a section of visitors for deep-dives (e.g. only visitors who viewed 3+ pages, only visitors who visited a particular page, only visitors who landed on a particular page – Useful for understanding behaviour for various source/ campaign segments• Custom Reporting – Very useful for deep analysis of paid search, SEO, Browsers, Device type data – Choose metrics (columns) – Choose dimensions (drilldowns) – Choose filters (for any metric)• Most of the time you want to use both of above• Please mind the sampling gap !
6. Qualitative Analytics• Measuring Happiness• How do my users behave ? What do they spend their time looking at ? Why do they do what they do ?• User Interaction / Behaviour (Clicktale/UserFly)• Net Promoter Score• Surveys (on-site / off-site)• Social actions on the website (Likes/Shares)• Social Media Mentions / Sentiments
7. The HEART Framework• Happiness – User attitude, qualitative metrics, perceptions• Engagement – Behavioral signals, Depth of Interaction, Frequency, Clicks• Adoption – % Users who adopt new product / feature, “Get” the product• Retention – Returning users / Churn• Task-Action – Efficiency, Error Rates, Time Taken, % who complete a specific goal – Specific metrics / signals critical for your product’s success