Digital Tattoo Workshop - UBC Arts Co-op Student Association
Activity 1: How does the internet see YOU?
Work in pairs and debrief with larger group.
1. List all of the places where you have contributed or created content online.
2. Do a search of your partner’s name using:
•MIT’s Personas at http://personas.media.mit.edu/
3. Discuss your impressions of each other based on what you found online. For example,
•Did any of the displayed data actually relate to you?
•How many others do you think were represented in the profile for your name?
•What does that tell you?
•What are the risks in NOT having an online presence? In having one?
Activity 2: Pros and Cons of an E-Portfolio
1.List the advantages to creating an e-portfolio or blog like this?
2.List some drawbacks/cautions/reminders?
3.Name some tools for creating an e-Portfolio or a blog.
Activity 3: Setting Up a LinkedIn Profile
Create a brief point form summary of your skills and qualifications.
(For more step-by-step instructions and tips on creating a profile see the LinkedIn Grad Guide
* executive summary of your skills and qualifications: snapshot
* can include your career aspirations, future goals
* highlight special skills/knowledge
* not limited to paid work experiences; can include volunteer and committee work, student
societies, etc. - resume building
* can upload content from your resume - a few points/sentences per position
* ask a colleague or supervisor for a recommendation that appears on your profile
* can include links to websites/blogs, associations you belong to, personal interests
For more links to useful resources be sure to revisit this presentation at
http://www.slideshare.net/digitaltattoo/dt-arts-coop2010 or visit http://digitaltattoo.ubc.ca/