Enhanced ebooks and apps aren’t simple, natural extensions of their printed counterparts. They require a great deal of careful planning, due to differences in eReader capabilities and implementations, as well as complexities of the original publication.
Join us for Ebook 102: From Print to Enhanced Ebooks and Apps, a show and tell, of sorts, as we walk you through the development and production process from print to enhanced eBooks and apps.
Using a real life book as an example, we’ll review the key planning and execution considerations each step of the way:
Sponsored by Aptara
1. Selecting the material
1. Source material
2. Evaluating enhancement options
3. Selecting enhancement strategy
3. Taking different reader capabilities into account
1. Graceful degradation
2. Device-specific version
* Stacy Boyd, Senior Editor, Silhouette Desire/Harlequin
* Eric Freese, Solutions Architect, Aptara
* Caroline Grill, Manager, Ebooks and Business Development, HYPERION/VOICE
Moderated by Guy LeCharles Gonzalez, Dir. of Programming & Business Development, Digital Book World
Ebook 102: From Print to Enhanced Ebooks/Apps will be WEBcast live on Tuesday, November 2nd @ 1pm EDT / 1o AM PDT.