Know your auction, Hot Topic: Header Bidding, Feb 2017
Header Bidding Within The
• Benefits of a traditional waterfall
• Melding waterfall with header bidding
• Thoughts for publisher trying to balance header with the ad server waterfall
• Business development lead to choose the header partners to onboard
• Member of the team to choose the header wrapper
• Member of the team who work on programmatic yield and optimization
A little bit about me
Benefits of a traditional waterfall
• 100% SOV commitments to buyers are met
• Highest CPM with no middle men
• Fixed prices act as a second price
Melding waterfall with header bidding
• Ad ops team to optimize performance and
delivery for direct campaigns.
• Continue to sell at fixed prices to increase
competition. Header bidding shouldn’t be
your only sales strategy.
• Header supplements open exchange but
floors need to be set.
• 80/20 rule for new partners. Focus on the few partners who generate the most revenue.
• Reducing latency will increase traffic but also, faster partners will have more bids and make a bigger impact.
• Don’t be afraid to ask for the more revenues at a lower timeout.
Helpful thoughts for publishers