The changing face of checkout
and how next gen shoppers are
driving payment innovations
The current retail
● 73 million Americans aged between 22 and 37
● Millennials and Gen Zers spend 6 hours per
week shopping online
● 67% of Millennials and 56% of Gen Zers prefer
to shop online rather than in-store
Digital dominance is here.
● eCommerce represents 13% of total US retail
sales. For some markets it’s even higher.
● The average shopper in the US spends 71%
of their digital time on mobile.
● Today, mobile accounts for 39% of traffic in
$93.5 billion of
62% of smartphone
mobile in the last 6
34.5% of total e-
comm sales in 2017
Online search on
demand, even in store
They won’t wait.
Alternative options are
only one click away
shopping around the
Values oriented and in
search of authenticity
Connected to others
Product review and
experience sharing on
blogs and social media
● Create a frictionless shopping experience
● Increase shoppers’ control by easing cost burdens
and increasing purchasing power.
● Empower repeat purchases by building emotional
● Lift average cart size through a fast and simple
● Embrace the benefits of a recognized brand and
Experience is the new loyalty.
Leveraging technology to win over consumers
Optimize UX with
Provide flexible and more
affordable payment options at time
including shipping and
clicks during checkout
Introduce Try Before You Buy and
interest free payments to empower
Implement a buyers’
protection policy for lost,
incorrect, or defective items
Multi-channel launch activities coordinated by DW and Klarna resulting in approx 10% increase in conversion and 20%
increase in AOV.
DW + Klarna
Featured in Klarna lounge at Showfields NYC
Klarna I Daniel Wellington
+12.9% increase in
for DW in NYC