MARKETING INNOVATIONS IN RURAL
Submitted By--- M. Arun Kumar, M.F.M. M.Com., MIT, MBA, M.Phil, (PhD.)
Asst. Professor. & Principal I/c.
Mobile : 09951825123
Presented ByDibas Kumar Biswas
MARKETING INNOVATIONS IN RURAL INDIA
“Invention is the first occurrence of an idea for
a new product or process, while innovation is
the first attempt to carry it out into practice.”
• The life cycle of innovation has been described
by Everett Rogers in his classic book “The
Diffusion of Innovation ” in which Rogers
proposes a diffusion curve known as “S curve”.
Population is living in rural areas
of the Country
Development of Markets in Rural
• India agriculture growth
• The buying behavior of the rural consumers
• The evaluation in Rural Marketing
Urban & Rural
Attractiveness of Rural Market
Growth in Consumption
Market Growth Rates higher than Urban
Rural Marketing is not expensive
Remoteness is no longer a problem
Marketing Innovations in Rural India
• Ongoing globalization
• The digital revolution in rural India.
The Market in Transition
• Indian Market is in a transition
• Between 1993-97. Agriculture grew at an average of 4.7
percent per year and Industry at 7.6 percent.
• Between 1998-2001, the agriculture growth has fallen to
1.6 percent and Industrial growth to 5.2 percent
• wrong assumption and over enthusiastic expectations
• The rural market is much complicated and
• The secret of success
would, therefore, depend on
classifying, countrywide rural market pockets
into a limited number of categories and in
pairing discontinuities to manageable limits
within each category.
• Change is also peculiar here.
Please get connect @....
Mobile : +91 9326237009
Twitter : https://twitter.com/dibasbiswas
LinkedIn : http://in.linkedin.com/pub/dibas-biswas/24/a6/60a
Skype : dibasbiswas
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/dibas.biswas