3. “… all they want is for people to be kind to them and love them.” Grace Bean Grace Bean, 88 years young, is dedicated to helping the homeless and the working poor. She has operated the St. John’s Soup Kitchen for the past 19 years.
10. 1. Filling tote bags with games and activities for the children How are we helping? 2. Packing snack bags for a healthy after-school treat.
11. WAGS Rescue transports homeless dogs to Pennsylvania each month to find save, loving homes … otherwise they would end up in high-kill shelters. How are we helping? We are assembling dog toys which will be donated to dogs in foster homes.
13. Rittenhouse Pine Nursing Home Many nursing home residents do not have families or can’t be with their families, so they get lonely. How are we helping? Making holiday decorations which will bring cheer to the nursing home residents.
15. Philadelphia Veterans Medical Center Who is a Veteran? Veterans are people who served in the military in times of war or peace. Did you know? Of the 25 million living veterans, most served during a war or an official period of hostility .
16. Philadelphia Veterans Medical Center Have you thanked a veteran today? Stop by the Veterans Station and create a Thanksgiving Card just for them.
17. In the summer of 2004, Alex, at the age of eight, died from her cancer. Alexandra “Alex” Scott’s vision was — a cure for all children with cancer.
18. How are we helping? We support Alex and her fight to find a cure by holding our own Alex’s Lemonade Stand. Please stop by the lobby and help us put an end to childhood cancer.
21. Often children staying in hospitals are lonely and scared. These blankets provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill. How are we helping? We are making no-sew, soft fleece blankets.
24. Thank you Stony Creek Families…. for Lending a Helping Hand and Giving Back to your Community!