• The technology was developed by San Francisco-based
OpenAI, a research company led by Sam Altman and
backed by Microsoft, LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman and
• ChatGPT has gone viral since OpenAI released the text-
based artificial intelligence tool last month.
• It’s the latest development in the world of generative AI,
which has attracted billions of dollars in funding from tech
• Bern Elliot, a vice president at Gartner said- “ChatGPT,
as currently conceived, is a parlor trick,”
• Launched 30/11/2022
3. Facts about ChatGPT?
• ChaptGPT is a variant of OpenAI’s popular GPT-3.5 language-
generation software that’s been designed to carry conversations
• ChatGPT was trained on an enormous amount of text data as it
learned to recognize patterns that enable it to produce its own text
mimicking various writing styles, said Bern Elliot, a vice president at
• According to MarketsandMarkets research, the global chatbot
market is expected to reach $10.5 billion by 2026, at a CAGR
• But with the latest ChatGPT Artificial Intelligence (AI)
innovation gaining 1 million users in a week
• Questions: “define Newton’s laws of motion” or “write a
poem”, “design a computer program and demonstrate all the
different combinations to arrange the letters of a word.”
4. What is ChatGPT?
• Its an optimizing Language Model for Dialogue
• Trained a model called ChatGPT which interacts in a
• The dialogue format makes it possible for ChatGPT to answer
follow-up questions, Admit its mistakes, Challenge incorrect
premises, and reject inappropriate requests.
• ChatGPT is a sibling model to InstructGPT, which is trained to
follow instructions in a prompt and provide a detailed
• ChatGPT automatically generates text based on written
prompts in a fashion that’s much more advanced and creative
than the chatbots of Silicon Valley’s past.
5. Evolution of Chat GPT….
• Back in 2016, tech giants like Facebook, Google, and Microsoft were
trumpeting digital assistants as the next evolution of human and
computer interaction. They boasted of the potential for chatbots to
order Uber rides, buy plane tickets and answer questions in a life-
• The majority of chatbots that people interact with are still
relatively primitive, only capable of answering rudimentary
questions on corporate help desk pages or minimally helping
frustrated customers understand why their cable bills are so high.
• But with early ChatGPT adopters demonstrating the technology’s
ability to carry a conversation through multiple queries in addition
to generating software code, the world of so-called natural language
processing appears to be entering a new phase.
6. Will ChatGPT Replace Google as an “Answer Engine”?
• It can be helpful to ask questions to a computer and receive prompt responses, and
ChatGPT does exactly that.
• Google typically provides users with links to websites it considers to be relevant as well as
its own proposed answers to user inquiries.
• Often, ChatGPT responses surpass Google’s recommendations as it uses the latest, well-
trained AI algorithms.
• However, before trusting ChatGPT replies, users should confirm the
information from authentic sources.
• Verifying the accuracy of ChatGPT answers takes effort because, unlike Google, it
uses raw text without any links or citations.
• Google is also building large language models of its own and using AI
extensively in its search algorithms.
• Therefore, to think that ChatGPT will replace Google’s answer engine sounds
a bit far-fetched, but it is definitely showing the way toward it.
7. What are ChatGPT’s Limitations?
1. Wrong Answer: ChatGPT is a large language model that is
continuously being trained to increase the accuracy of responses.
• Therefore, the AI chatbot may provide wrong answers. Due to this,
StackOverflow has banned ChatGPT, saying: “Overall, because the
average rate of getting correct answers from ChatGPT is too low
2. Limitations in Training Data and Bias Issues: Like many AI models,
ChatGPT has limitations in its training data. Both the constraints in
training data and bias in the data can create a negative impact on the
• In fact, ChatGPT has shown bias when it comes to training minority data
groups. Therefore, it’s important to improve the data transparency of
the models to reduce bias in this technology.
3. Sustainability: On Twitter, there is a conversation thread regarding how
many Graphics Processing Units (GPUs) are required to run ChatGPT.
• The takeaway here is that running ChatGPT is highly expensive.
8. What Can You Create With ChatGPT?
• Besides providing responses to human queries, ChatGPT can be used to do
• Create Content: Generate AI Art: Since the introduction of DALLE-2, Mid
journey, and other artistic AI tools, AI art generators have been at the
forefront of the creation of artistic images. Like Augmented Reality (AR)
scenarios, when prompted.
• Write Code and Debug: ChatGPT can process code, write code, and help
developers debug codes as well.
• Manage and Manipulate Data: Unstructured data is hard to sort,
manage, and organize, making it redundant. ChatGPT comes to the rescue
as it can convert unstructured data into a structured format by
manipulating data. For instance, the tool can be used to add data to a
table, make indexes, and understand JSON queries.
• Explain and Tutor: It is interesting how well ChatGPT can explain words,
code, and even physics. Consequently, ChatGPT will also have a huge
impact on the education tech industry. Many edtech companies can now
teach the fundamentals of a topic and make use of ChatGPT to offer
students a platform to ask questions and clear their doubts.