• Microsoft Windows 1.0 is a 16-bit graphical
• It is developed by Microsoft Corporation and
released on 20 November 1985.
• It has only 256 KB of ram.
• It’s has only some features like MsDos, Calculator, Calendar, Clipboard viewer,
Clock, Notepad , Paint and Etc.
• Windows 2.0 is a 16-bit Microsoft
Windows GUI-based operating environment.
• Windows 2.0 allowed application windows to
overlap each other.
• It also include sophisticated keyboardshortcuts.
• It is a first window that include Control Panel.
• New features in Windows 2.0 included VGA
graphics (16 colors) .
• Windows 3.0 succeeded with better user
interfaces as well as technical improvements
to make better use of the memory
Intel's 80286 and 80386 processors.
• It includes new features like Paint-brush , Lead
graphics , Acrobat Reader , Game like Solitaire.
• The Windows icons and graphics support a full
16 colors in both EGA and VGA mode.
from a mainly 16-bit to
• Windows 95 running on
maximum 480MB RAM
• Windows 95 does not
support hard disks
greater than 32 GB.
• Windows 98 includes some new features like
Internet Explorer 4.01 , Outlook Express,
Windows Address Book, FrontPage Express,
Microsoft Chat, Personal Web Server and a
Web Publishing Wizard, NetMeeting and
Windows Media Player .
• It has maximum 512MB RAM and 37 GB of
Publishing Wizard & Microsoft chat
Windows 2000 is also known as Windows NT.
Windows - "Wide Interactive Network
Development for Office work Solution".
NT- " New Technology ".
Windows 2000 includes many new features
like Internet Explorer 5 and 6 , Internet
Connection Sharing, Encrypting File System
It has 512MB of RAM default and it can
controlled maximum 137+ GB of hard drive.
• Windows ME [Millennium Edition] is a graphical
operating system from Microsoft.
• It was initially released on September 14 , 2000 .
• Updated features in Windows ME is in Interface
and Media . but..,
• it was not so much popular among us and heavily
criticized by some users, mainly for stability issues.
• A PC World article dubbed Windows ME the
Windows XP came into the picture in 2001.
It had some advanced features like … ,
Updated Desktop Look
Advanced portable PC support
Automatic wireless connection support
Automatic software installation and maintenance
Fast start-up than windows 2000.
Help and support centre
Internet connection firewall
Network set-up wizard and many more.
Windows XP can handled max 4GB ( in 32 bit)
of RAM and 2TB of Hard disk (in 32 bit).
Windows VISTA came in January 30, 2007.
New features of Windows Vista include an
updated graphical user interface and visual
style dubbed Aero, a new search component
called Windows Search.
• It was released worldwide on October 22,
2009 after two years of Windows VISTA.
• New Features
– Advanced Themes
– Revised Interface
– two-column layout Start Menu
– Changes in Taskbar that it can shows Preview of a
Windows 8 came on October 26, 2012.
Main attraction of Windows 8 is Windows
Store and it’s Fast Boot.
New platform for developing Apps. with an
emphasis on Touchscreen input.
Features of Windows 8
Language and standards support.
Personal login Account
Shell and user interface
Multi Monitor Taskbar
Improved look of Task Manager
File Explorer with Ribbon.
Windows Defender with “secure Boot”
File Explorer interface with "Ribbon" & Multi Monitor
Windows 8.1 [Over View]
Modern interface Experience
Work Folders allows a user to sync data to
their device from their user folder located in
the corporation’s data center.
NFC Tap-to-pair Printing to enable printing
with only one tap.
Connect to Wi-Fi Direct printers without
adding additional drivers or software on your
Windows 8.1 device.