Roosevelt High School Bidders Meeting Presentation (Dec. 11, 2013)
Roosevelt High School Bidders Meeting
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Purpose of this Meeting :
1) Provide Awareness to all potential Bidders of this Project
2) Talk a little about this Project – Where are we today ?
3) Get the Information out to everyone “Early” and let the potential bidders know
what they can expect in the Spring of 2014
4) Brief Overview of the Bid Process and things Bidders can do now to be
5) Network !! – Great Opportunity for Contractors and Suppliers to meet and
6) School Opens to the students Fall 2015 !!!
Bid Process – Brief Overview:
How do interested bidders bid on the project?
Early bid packages – through 1st quarter 2014
Remaining packages in design – beginning in 2nd quarter 2014
1) Interested Bidders will receive email bid notification as Bid Packages become
Includes instructions for access to the Smoot/Gilbane FTP Site:
Sub Prequalification Info
Sample Subcontract Agreement other Contract Provisions
Other project requirements
Economic Inclusion Requirements
Drawings, Specs and Addenda
Bid Process – Brief Overview (continued):
2) Prequalification is necessary and required! Contractors are encouraged to
prequalify in advance of bid package availability.
3) Bids will be evaluated not only on competitiveness of price, but on past
performance on projects of similar size and scope, projects with DGS, Smoot
and/or Gilbane, financial and bonding capacity, and CBE and workforce
compliance with the District.
CBE Capacity Survey:
Part of the prequalification process
Complete the DGS Contractor Capacity Survey
CBE Subcontracting Plan:
Submit plan for achieving 50% goal
Past CBE compliance will be evaluated
Workforce Utilization Plan:
Includes a First Source Employment Agreement; registered Apprenticeship
Program; and an Employment Plan
Employment Plan must describe how you will achieve workforce goals for hours
worked by District residents:
At least 20% of journey worker hours by trade shall be performed by
At least 60% of apprentice hours by trade shall be performed by District
At least 51% of the skilled laborer hours by trade shall be performed by
District residents; and
At least 70% of common laborer hours shall be performed by District
Past hiring efforts will be evaluated.