Passing to Treasurer Rob Witte to present FINANCIAL REPORT 2011, and we shall then take questions and comments on both.
Dgroups Partners Business Meeting 2012
ThanksDgroups PartnersCommunication support: Pier Andrea Pirani (Euforic Services)WA-Research: Damir SimunicBoard members:• Rob Witte (ICCO), Secretary and Treasurer• Hapee de Groot (Hivos)• Kristin Kolshus (FAO)• Giacomo Rambaldi (CTA)
Dgroups visionDgroups is a partnership of organizations committed to:Provide open and accessible Internet spaces and services where members of the international development community can safely share information, collaborate and engage in dialogue and networking.Support the international development community to mobilize and apply its collective knowledge and expertise.Does this need to be refreshed?Please send comments to:email@example.com
Activities Report 2011• Dgroups platform: Hosting, development and support• Dgroups management and coordination support• Dgroups members and membership• Partners meeting 2011, September, Rome• Outreach and promotion• Financial Report (Rob Witte, Sec/Treasurer)Questions/comments? – Q&A
Action Plan 20121. Continuing developing a reliable, simple, open and accessible platform2. Strengthening the support system to provide and document usability and usage support to administrators of groups3. Recruiting sufficient members to cover all the recurring costs.
Progress in 2012 and next steps1. Improving the platform2. Ensuring continuity of service3. Providing support in optimum use of platform4. Engaging with existing Partner organisations5. Attracting new Partner organisations6. Improving board representation
1. Improving the platformProgress:Successful migration of Next DgroupsMany functional improvements, week by weekWell received – “How I fell in love with Dgroups”Future plans:User-driven continual improvement - using [redesign] to engage all usersTransparency of functionality requests, feasibility (or otherwise), and progress updates on each requestTake advantage of mobile (apps/mobile interface/SMS-to-email)
2. Ensuring continuity of serviceProgress:Almost 100% continuity during 2012Dgroups TwitterFuture plans:More clarity on what would happen in event of disaster: - major technical breakdown or fire at offices of WA-Research - illness/injury of WA-Research staff (Damir)
3. Providing support in optimum use of platformProgress:Improvement in help guidePlans for future:Introduce peer support / Dgroups moderation training programmeIncrease peer-to-peer exchange, eg “How to make the most of Dgroups”
4. Engaging with existing Partner organisationsProgress:Communications with Partners through DG-Partners and 1-to-1 communications to discuss Partners’ priorities and issuesPlans:Encourage Partners to make full use of membership (including right to provide complimentary Dgroups for affiliated organisations with turnover less than 0.5m USD)
5. Attracting new Partner organisationsProgress:Dgroups website: www.dgroups.infoPlans:Aim to increase membership to 40 partners by 2015 (current = 18)Publicity materials (eg Leaflet – printed and electronic)We would like to invite help from all Dgroups Partners to promote Dgroups and engage new Partners
6. Improving board representationProgress:Gender balance: 4:1 M:FGeo balance: 5:0 Europe:Rest of the WorldPlans:Amend constitution to allow expansion of boardInvite nominations for new board members
Governance• Proposal from the Board to change Article 5.1 of Dgroups Statutes – More flexible Board formation when and if needed – Gender balance, global representation
Dgroups Statutes Article 5.1• Current text: “The Board of the Foundation consists of at least three and not more than five members and shall be appointed for the first time by this deed. The number of members shall be unanimously fixed by the participants council with due observance of the provision in the previous sentence.” Suggested text• Suggested text “The Board of the Foundation consists of at least three and not more than nine. Any new board member is to be ratified by majority vote by the participants council."