that you should answer to create a great pitch
By Deepak Goel
What is the problem that you
are trying to solve?1
• Describe the problem with a real world
• Keep it simple, concrete, credible, emotional
and easy to understand.
• Assume that the reader/listener has never
heard of the problem before.
How is the problem getting
• Every problem is getting solved today. It
might be getting solved in an inefficient way
but it is getting solved somehow.
• Talk about online/automatic as well as
offline/manual ways to solve it.
• Talk about direct/indirect competition.
What is your solution and how is
it significantly superior?3
• Describe your solution. Keep it simple,
concrete, credible, emotional and easy to
• Give reasons as to why your solution is
significantly superior to existing solutions.
• Talk about your unique value proposition.
How big is the opportunity?
• How big is the market? Build it up either top-
down or bottom-up.
• Talk about your business model and pricing.
• Be ambitious but be realistic.
Why is your team the best team
to solve this problem?5
• Talk about the past accomplishments of your
• Describe how you have the best possible
blend of technical & marketing/sales skills.
• Talk about your marketing & sales strategy.
Include the cost of customer acquisition.
How much money do you need
• How much money have you raised in the past
and how did you use that money?
• Talk about the traction till date. Include
revenues, key customer names and
• How much more money do you need now and
what will you do with it?
By Deepak Goel