Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

The truth about internet marketing and succeeding online

83 views

Published on

How many times have you heard the statistics that 97% of people fail while only 3%
of people actually succeed and earn a living in this industry? I’m pretty sure that
you’ve heard this over and over again, but you still may wonder how to position
yourself as part of the 3%.

When you take inventory of those that are successful, and tend to have a presence
online, and give you the impression that they are “everywhere”, you will notice a
few common denominators that may reveal how to become a part of the 3%.

Published in: Business, News & Politics
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

The truth about internet marketing and succeeding online

  1. 1. How many times have you heard the statistics that 97% of people fail while only 3%of people actually succeed and earn a living in this industry? I’m pretty sure thatyou’ve heard this over and over again, but you still may wonder how to positionyourself as part of the 3%.When you take inventory of those that are successful, and tend to have a presenceonline, and give you the impression that they are “everywhere”, you will notice afew common denominators that may reveal how to become a part of the 3%.I’ll share them with you today so you can begin to alter what you do and how you doit, and eliminate your chances of being in the failing 97%!1. They are consistent in their marketing efforts.One of the most important aspects of marketing period, is being consistent.It’s very hard to get people to take you seriously when they can’t predictwhen you’ll show you or not. Just like a child that expects a parent to bethere to pick them up every day after school, so does your audience expectyou to be there daily with the information and pick me up content andresources that keep them coming back for more.In order to sell people on your services or products, you must prove to themthat you are someone that they can rely on and can trust.Major marketers have this skill down pat. You can probably assume thatthey have a calendar for their business, with a list of daily and weeklyactivities that they partake in to keep their marketing efforts alive.If you want to begin performing like the 3%’ers, then you’ll want to beginestablishing a calendar of activities that you’ll commit to, and be sure to putthem in place!2. They understand and know their audienceA disturbing known fact about the 97%’ers is that they have no clue whothey’re actually marketing to. They may take time to write articles, shootvideos and write blog posts, but 9 times out of 10, if you were to ask themwho their target market is, they’ll probably decline to answer the questionbecause they simply don’t know!
  2. 2. Knowing your audience, knowing what their challenges are and how toaddress them is critical if you truly plan on succeeding. It makes your writing effortsso much easier and allows you to immediately connect your offer with the needsyour market has.Before doing more marketing, take into consideration the following questions:Who is my target market?What are they struggling with?What is it that they want?How can I give it to them?3. They have a diverse marketing portfolio.Using only one method to market your business is like posting an ad in anewspaper, doing nothing else, and sitting back for months on end hopingthat your phone will ring.You must get out there and begin using diverse marketing methods for yourbusiness, incorporating things like article marketing, video marketing,forum marketing, social media marketing and blogging.Start with 1 -2 methods at first, while creating a consistent plan of action onhow you’ll implement them weekly, then begin adding one more as you’vemastered the others, to gain additional exposure from a new audience!4. They outsource and delegate!Outsourcing and delegating is so important to your business that I can’temphasize it enough. With so much to maintain in the internet marketingworld, one can grow weary and get burned out pretty quickly if they don’t gethelp with those areas that are extremely time consuming and often verychallenging.The 3%’ers have mastered the art of handing things over to people who aremore skilled and trained than they are. The key is in discovering what it isthat you do best, and what makes you money and focus solely on those thingswhile handing over the rest.Outsourcing can be fairly inexpensive, sometimes even averaging around $2per hour. It’s more affordable than most people realize and should be factoredinto your monthly expenses as a “necessary expense”.A good place to start looking for outsourcing is Fiverr. You can find peoplewho will do just about anything and at a low cost. Visit fiverr.com and
  3. 3. look around. The prices are inexpensive and it’s a great way to begin to freeup your time to focus on more critical areas that really need your attention.As you can see, becoming a part of the 3%’ers isn’t that far out of reach. It justtakes you making a few small changes and tweaks to what you’ve been doing,and you’ll discover that you’re well on your way to dominating your niche,succeeding in your efforts while finally making a decent income doing it. About The Author:Donna Filipiak is a wife, mother and online business entrepreneur. While looking for a way tohelp supplement her income, she found the internet. That was 6 years ago and she has gained alarge amount of experience and knowledge. She is now in a position to help others make money.Join her and find out how.

×