Standard Structural Features
● Use a logical document structure of headings and appropriate HTML elements to clearly
express a page. Example: Breadcrumbs is a list of links in logical order, therefore,
belong in an Ordered list <ol>, not a <ul>, span, div or whatever else. Within HTML the
ordered list should be wrapped in a <nav>
● Microformats (Schema & RDFa)
○ Local Business (address req)
○ Offer microformats
○ Contact page microformats
○ About page microformats
○ Checkout Page microformats
○ Rating & Review microformats
● Page speed optimization
○ Image optimization
■ Progressive, 61% or better quality JPGs
■ Spritemaps when necessary
■ Replace some images with CSS
■ Tinypng.org for transparent PNGs
○ KeepAlives Enabled
○ Specify Cache Validator
○ Enable GZIP compression / mod_deflate
○ Set doc type utf-8
● Ensure the <meta charset="utf-8">character set is in the <head> of every page at the
top, below the <base> tag.
● Remove CSS @imports and use <links> instead for external CSS
● Fix major HTML element errors IE: unclosed tags.
● Fix major crawl errors and bad status codes
● 301 redirects for existing 404 errors
● Voice enable search forms by adding a “x-webkit-speech” attribute to the <input>
● Accessibility through use of special attributes and elements that increase accessibility
and convenience for users
● Microformats must validate in http://developers.pinterest.com/rich_pins/validator/ &
● Page speed must score over 85/100 on the Chrome PageSpeed extension
● All pages must not contain “unclosed tags” errors or other important HTML errors in
the W3C validator.
● No links to status codes other than 200 should show up on a crawl (with some
● Must have 0 errors and warnings on the WAVE accessibility validator
Standard Social Features
● Include Pinnacle “Scolled-to-Google+” Follow button widget
● Social Optimized Header & Footer
○ Use onsite sharing icons (instead of icons that take you to the customers social
properties) that lead directly to engagement within the header.
● Social Optimized product pages
○ Use the sharing icons that lead direct to engagement
○ Embed pinterest button within the preview of the product image and within the
large-view of the product image
○ Find and use opportunities to add snippets like “Love this product? Give us a +1”
○ Include “Think this is a good deal?” Pinnacle facebook plugin
● Social Optimized contact us pages with prominent icons leading to social properties,
displaying engaged users and content when beneficial.
○ Use this Example mockup as a guide
● Email solicitation for +1 & Google Page on order completion email
● Social optimized Thank You pages
○ Large and un-missable call-to-action! +1 us and/or Follow us on Google &
● Google+ Author & Publisher microformat
○ Author requires Blogging
■ All individual authors are registered and validated via Google Plus as
authors on the blog.
○ All stores get the publisher microformat that validates to their Google+ page.
● Author and Publisher formats must validate in
● All social icons not in the footer must directly lead to social engagement. IE: lead to a
share or +1 or tweet rather than land you on the customers facebook page.
● Priority order of social networks based on expected tangible benefit:
Standard Ongoing SEO features
● Constantly improving page speed
● Updating to the latest technologies onsite, offsite and per-device.
● All local listings (address + phone number required)
● 70+ Meta Search engines submission
● High quality hand-crafted & detail-oriented-mixed link building
○ High quality directories
○ High quality social bookmarks
○ PDF files
○ 3rd Party Property generation
○ SEO Gears would do this for $100/mo per client [consider outsourcing]
● Rating & Review presence
○ Instructions for store owner to increase rating & review engagement via email,
within a storefront or over the phone.
○ Find new ways to obtain positive ratings and reviews
● Stay current with latest Social APIs and page features to stay ahead of the curve
○ Include linkedin as applicable.
● Social properties must be properly linked to the website and have all basic information
● Ratings and reviews must not be solicited for positive reviews, only honest reviews
● Custom widget/plugin/code developed using social API’s should be universal and
extensible enough to apply to all clients carts.
● Link building and 3rd party properties(review sites, etc) must not contain duplicate
content, but must contain very consistent and accurate contact details and project
● Tracking via Analytics & Webmasters tools of
○ Web traffic
○ Google impressions and CTR’s
○ Popular & converting content
○ Paid Traffic
○ Social signals and social traffic
○ Revenue & transactions
● Reporting every 30 days