Tourism can be defined as particular activities
selected by choice and undertaken outside the home
environment. Tourism may or may not involve overnight
stay away from home.
RESPONSIBLE TOURISM :
- reducing the negative impacts of tourism
especially in the regions of nature, “thatcreates better
place for people to live and better place to visit”
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
CONVERT ARITTAPATTI AS A TOURIST SPOT IN A RESPONSIBLE
To develop infra and super structure to provide recreation
facilities for visitors and the residents.
To preserve the cultural resources and heritage.
To maximize the economic benefits – increase standard of
To generate employment oppurtunities- self help groups
Maximizing visitors satisfication .
Protecting the environment.
ARITTAPATTI- rich in heritage (natural & cultural)
people – great interest & unity in protecting and preserving
their rich heritage
Interest of the people
historical values – jain beds, inscriptions, rock cut cave
natural environment – 7 hillocks, 52 water bodies.Agricultural
HISTORICAL METHOD :
to trace out the past events.
SURVEY METHOD :
collection of data directly from the population or a
under this we use DIRECT SURVEY METHOD
TYPES OFTOURISM IN ARITTAPATTI
Heritage Tourism –it is divided into two i.e. Natural
Heritage and Cultural Heritage.
Heritage tourism is nothing but a “traveling to experience the
places, artifacts and activities that authentically represent the stories
and people of the past “,and heritage tourism may include cultural,
historic, and natural resource.
Heritage tourism can divided two types :
1. Natural Heritage
2. Cultural Heritage
It is present naturally & inherited from the
past generations, maintain in the present and to the
Cultural Heritage :
This includes cultural activities i.e. folk-
arts , monuments festivals, food
habits,practices,etc…has to be preserved and taken
in to the hands of future generation.
IMPORTANCE OF HERITAGE TOURISM
• Heritage tourism is responsible for protection and insuring
continuation to the future.
• One can able to know about others unique heritage
• Heritage is preserved by visiting it in a responsible manner
• Economic level of the people can be increased by making it as a
• It helps in preserventing the community character which results in
good and worthy.
• It helps in understanding the community strength and weakness.
Educational tourism is a tour undertaken by the students to
go to places related to their subject. It gives a new environment
without the usual one and give better understanding of the subjects.
IMPORTNACE OF THE EDUCATIONAL TOURISM
• It gives better knowledge than classroom learning.
• Students able to know about different places and its importance.
• Increase in the involement of the students in the subjects.
• Educational tourism helps the student in learning in their own
• Educational Tourism Resources in Arittapatti
includes Jains beds, Inscriptions, Rock-cut Shiva
cave temple,Medicinal plants, Traditional Foods,
It is a type of tourism involving exploration or travel to remote
areas, many visitors are likely to participate in adventured activities
and engaged themselves with thriller moves.
Helps in maintaining physical health
Makes the mind to get relief from mental stress
Adventure trekking enlighten our soul
Makes our dreams alive and build our confident level
In Arittapatti , adventured activities includes trekking, rock
It consists of 7 hillocks which can be used for trekking purposes.
The most important one among the seven hills is ramayee malai ,
• Tourism that showcases rural life,art,culture,and heritage
at rural locations benefitting the local community
economically and socially,
• Enhances the interaction between tourists and locals is
called rural tourism
• participation in rural activities i.e. folk-arts, festivals etc.
• Rural activities will be proctected & promoted
• mingling with local people and experiencing the rural
• multi-dimensional concept and all about experiencing the
uniqueness of that area.
Medicinal Tourism refers to the travel of people for
obtaining medical treatment traditionally or improving
health or fitness.
Treatment in a natural way
There are more than 30 herbal plants in Arittapatti
like plants ,Trees, Creepers . All these have medicinal values
and health benefits .
• It is an activity of leisure purposes
• It is an essential element for human biology and
• Often done for enjoyment and le person to be fun
• Reduce stress
• Positive impact on your health
• Refills the energy
• Effective time utilization
• It is possible in Arittapatti for recreational
• consists of many Natural sites and lots and lots of
waterbodies which provide tourist a kind of
relaxation, pleasure etc..
• Students from France were studying catering so they came
to Arittapatti to get knowledge about the traditional dishes
along with its preparation methods.
• Welcomed the French students in a traditional way
(i.e)Decoration with Mango leaves hangings, giving lotus to
each of them and applying sandal and kum-kum by the
community people & the students of Lady Doak College.
• As it give a special training on helping the tourists and
satisfying their needs, we had a chance to implement our
EVENTS– FOOD FESTIVAL
• Welcomed the French team
• Traditional Food preparation in the people’s
house by using fire wood stove
• Joint lunch and meditation under the banyan tree
in Kalinja malai
• our responsibility in it decorations, using the
products which won’t cause any damage to the
environment , food display and food service in a
ARITTAPATTI CULTURAL IMMERSIONPROGRAME
Promoting Responsible Tourism Group
Its aims and principles
Traditional Objects Exhibition
Giving Saplings to Locals for Plantation
Folk Art (oyillattam) performed by the native
Visiting rock cut shivan temple
Traditional food kool