Utkarsh Dwivedi and Neeraj Talukdar
• The aim was to create an interactive music cum art generatorto be
operated by two users(preferably), although the number is not
of much concern.
• There would be two users on opposite side of the table.
• Using fiducial markers, the users can generate ripples of the seven
colors of the spectrum along with sound(a note or a
melody), according to the placement of the markers.
• The interaction of the ripples with each other would generate music
as well as art.
WHAT WE ACHIEVED IN A COUPLE OF
• The concept was stripped down taking into account the time
• The concept was narrowed down to a primary ripple being generated
when a fiducial marker is kept at the center of the table,along with
music. The ripple or in simpler terms-the concentric circle keeps
changing its visual parameters according to the music being
• The other marker has to be placed in the vicinity of the first marker
for it to generate a ripple and music, i.e. make it active from a dead
state. Thus the concept of dead and alive was brought into the
WHAT WE LEARNT
• It was a wonderful learning experience where we could explore
various prototyping tools like Arduino, Processing, Reactivision
• An insight was developed on the future prospects in this relatively
new and exponentially developing interdisciplinary field of Design,ECE
• Hope to have more of such workshops in the future.