FLATS OR VILLAS
Which would be your best choice?
Our cities have started to grow fast on account of residential
apartment complexes, shopping malls and multi-storeyed office
space, technology parks, SmartCity, Infoparks etc. Apartments or
flats as a dwelling was more out of compulsions rather than as a
choice of the home owners. But nowadays the real estate prices
in the city are soaring and building a custom home is also
difficult. In short, buying a land and building a home cost beyond
a fixed budget makes most people to favour apartments and
villas rather than building houses.
Buying a Flat or Apartment!
PROS & CONS
•The most important factor in buying an apartment is cost, You
will definitely get a better deal in buying an affordable apartment.
• Most apartment complexes are fully equipped with world class
amenities like swimming pools, gyms, Children's play area with
equipment that can be extremely expensive to install separately
for each home.
•Maintenance cost is always collective divided amongst other flat
owners. So we can't bear all the amount by our self.
• Most of apartments complex will have security guards on
• Apartment complex maintains Fire & Safety security
• In apartment complexes, you can enjoy frequent social
activities more than you used to in your house. This can
great to meet new people and make friends. Apartment
authority arranges social events, annual meet etc.
• Availability of convenience stores with the apartment
complex help you to shop for basic essential / groceries
• Apartment complexes have staff that comes to collect
payments for usage of utilities such as electricity, water,
internet etc which removes any hazel of setting reminders for
• On the other hand, Since you have nearby neighbours, your
conversations may possibly be heard. But you can always
make your apartment soundproof.
• You may also have a limited space.
• Moreover, expansion is not possible because if you
purchase an apartment, the area you have invested in is
• You can't just break down a wall if you want to make your
area more spacious.
PROS & CONS
•If you choose to buy a villa, you will get to enjoy a greater
degree of freedom.
•You can expand your exteriors as per latest trends if you really
want to and decorate your room with whatever design you
•More privacy with no more problems with regard to sound
•You can always expand the space as per requirements in the
future when children grow up.
• You can choose to install a swimming pool in your yard if it
does not have one yet.
• Lastly, a villa will certainly make you appreciate what a real
home feels like.
• On the contrary, security is not tight if you live in a villa, most
especially when you are away.
• With the rising crime rates, houses are more prone to thefts
• You would need to get access to external clubs and sport
facilities. This would be an expensive proposition.
• This further means that your movement won't be limited.
• Apart from that, you will also need to pay for facilities, and
manage gas, electricity, and water by yourself.
• If you have a job which requires you to be traveling to
different cities, then security of your household goods would
be a cause for worry.
• Most importantly, the location might be a bit hassle to you if
you are working within the city.
Where you want to live is completely your decision. If you feel
villas are a more convenient option for you, you should stick
to it. But if you need social living , apartments would be the
most practical choice.
Best Builders in Kerala
When you are thinking about budget friendly apartments and
villas in a city like Kochi, Desai Homes is your right option. Desai
Homes, the best builders in Kerala has built numerous
commercial land marks and prestigious residential projects in
Kochi, the commercial capital of Kerala, besides several projects
that are underway and in various stage of completion.
By choosing your home which a villa or flat, Desai Homes take
each and every effort to ensure the superiority of finish and
quality which provides higher appreciation in value for your