What is *happyhappyjoyjoy? My consulting credentials ...
approach to marketing
We need to make a step
towards the people, get to
know them and talk to them
like a human being
HAS MARKETING CHANGED
Everyone has learned that marketing has changed – still not many have changed
the way they work accordingly.
Adding Facebook and Twitter in the media plans is not what this is about. This is
about a fundamental change in how we need to talk to the people.
We need to stop behaving like brands with a message – we need to act like a
human being who has opinions and interests, who can listen, understand and
you need more than
happiness and joy to play
a relevant role in life
We need to aim for more
meaning in advertising to
replace all those smiling
faces saying nothing
JOY WON´T SAVE YOU
Have you realized how many brands out there suddenly show smiling faces and
develop claims that contain the words joy, fun or happiness?
It is nice to facilitate entertainment, it is wrong to present the consumption of your
product as source of those things.
What is much more important is to find out, what it is you want to talk about to
those people out there, and what relevant role you could play in their lives.
for less fake real joy
and more real
We need to do the
real thing, go the
extra mile and stop faking –
they can feel it
DO IT YOURSELF
Unfortunately the arrival of social media has worsened the situation for the poor
customers our there. Now they do not only have to listen to the marketing
messages on Facebook and YouTube, now they are also asked to be part of
advertising by sending in pictures and videos and even distribute those messages
to their friends.
Really? Stop asking people to do things for you, and start asking yourself what
YOU could DO for THEM!
There is a workshop that I have developed to build the bridge between high level
brand strategy and hands-on activities that help to build relevance. In there we also
define playground and role together, as well as behavioural pillars.
Supporting brands in creating a more relevant marketing strategy, with focus on
consumer, retail, digital integrated, agency briefings, international strategy and
communication – that´s my background.
And helping agencies in finding their new role with their clients.
I have started to read “Special Aspects Of Integrated Marketing” at the Hochschule
Pforzheim, will soon start teaching “Innovation Lab” at the HDM in Stuttgart.
I teach agencies and companies for Good School, Hamburg.
And I have recently started to write all this in my first book. Publicly. At http:
I have created a network of Berlin based and international creative, producers,
artists, photographers, writers and developers. With them I can help you realize the
ideas that we develop during strategic projects.
Technological developments are fast and fascinating. With partners I seek and
pursue my own visions in fields like retail, cinema, augmented reality, mobile
phones or Facebook commerce.
With partners and universities I also conduct studies - like
Why does the digitalization of the German retail develop so slow? or
Does green marketing work?
- Neue Digitale: Establishing a business unit structure after period of extreme growth
- Neue Digitale/Razorfish and Duke/Razorfish: Integration into international network organization
- McCann Worldgroup: Management leadership trainings for the digital age
- MRM Paris: Modeling of new strategy department, including analytics, channel planning, seo and research
- Kraft Foods: Digital Management Trainings
- FullSIX: Building the German operations
- Mondelez: Universities Recruitment Strategy Germany
- Mammut: Social media and content strategies, management and platforms, dealer relationships and marketing team structure
- TLGG/Lufthansa: strategy and creative lead, representation in multi agency pool, redefining the integration of social media into traditional marketing department
- H&M: PR and marketing workshops to develop relevant market positionings for new product lines
- PSG/DZ Bank: What does the digital Landscape of a bank look like in the future?
- HdS/KIA: Creating our way towards a European social media strategy for KIA
- HEAD: Re-launching sportswear in a competitive field
- TBWA, Ogilvy, Leo Burnett, FCB, Cheill, Young & Rubicam, JWT, Armando Testa, Orange Hive, Neue Digitale, Razorfish, Duke, McCann Worldgroup,
MRM, FullSIX, Saatchi&Saatchi, TLGG, Peter Schmidt Group, Helden der Schöpfung, Inocean
- Fashion (Levi´s, H&M, Boss, Gucci, Peek&Cloppenburg, Wrangler, SIX beeline)
- Sports (adidas, HEAD, Mammut)
- Beauty (L´Oréal Paris, Coty: David Beckham Fragrances, Lady Gaga Fame and Cavalli, Max Factor, Schwarzkopf/Brillance, H&M)
- Media (Brigitte.de, Nickelodeon, Walt Disney World)
- Automobile (KIA, FIAT, Seat, Opel, VW, Chrysler, Lancia, Daimler, Michelin, Pirelli, Kawasaki)
- Technology (Microsoft, Samsung, Siemens Mobile Phone, Dymo)
- FMCG (P&G, BDF, Henkel)
- F&B (Coca Cola, Danone, Kraft Foods/ Mondelez, Nespresso, Lavazza)
- Finance (Mastercard, Dresdner Bank, American Express, Comerzbank, DZ Bank)
- Pharma (Novartis)